RedBlacks Release 2021 Schedule
OTTAWA - The Ottawa REDBLACKS will kick off their 2021 schedule in front of RNation, hosting eastern division rivals, the Montreal Alouettes, under the lights at TD Place on Friday, June 11 at 7:30 p.m.
The CFL schedule, released Friday, will see the REDBLACKS host five Friday night games under the lights at TD Place next year, with four start times at 7:30 p.m. with a single 7 p.m. start on the last game of regular season October 29 against the BC Lions. On July 16, RNation will welcome the Hamilton Ti-Cats, 2019 Eastern Division champs, at 7:30 p.m. for our third edition of Friday Night Football.
"Having a 2021 schedule in hand is exciting, possibly the most exciting schedule release ever for the CFL and the Ottawa REDBLACKS," said OSEG CEO Mark Goudie. "Being able to put REDBLACKS home games in my calendar again helps me emotionally build a bridge of positivity between now and then and I hope it does the same for RNation."
TD Place will also be the perfect place to spend your Saturday evenings cheering on your favorite team with your family and friends in 2021. The REDBLACKS will host three Saturday games, with one 7p.m. matchup and two 4p.m. afternoon games against Edmonton on August 28 and Saskatchewan Roughriders on October 16.
Ottawa's only Thursday night game of the season on August 5 will be a special one for RNation's head coach Paul LaPolice, as his former team and 2019 Grey Cup Champions, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, will be in town.
The REDBLACKS road schedule includes two Friday games, six on Saturdays, and one Monday afternoon game for the Thanksgiving Classic against Montreal at 1 p.m.
Ottawa's pre-season schedule kicks off on May 28 when the REDBLACKS visit the Montreal Alouettes, followed by a home game against the same Alouettes on June 4.
The 2021 season will conclude with the 108th Grey Cup in Hamilton on November 21.
All games will be broadcast in Canada on TSN. Montreal Alouette games and select CFL games will be also shown on RDS. CFL games are broadcast in the United States by ESPN. Season ticket packages are on sale now; Contact your local club for details.
"As we look forward to a new season, we are encouraged by the reports about vaccines, treatments and rapid testing in the news," said CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie. We will continue to work with our local public health authorities in 2021. We thank our fans, partners and broadcasters for their continuing support and look forward to enjoying great Canadian football with them."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 20, 2020
- Tiger-Cats 2021 Schedule Announced - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Fan-Friendly Saturdays, Increased Division Rivalries Highlight 2021 BC Lions Schedule - B.C. Lions
- EE Footbal Team Releases 2021 Schedule - EE Football Team
- Canadian Football League Releases 'Comeback' Schedule for 2021 - CFL
- Argos 2021 Schedule Released - Toronto Argonauts
- Stanpeders Announce 2021 Schedule - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes to Host Blue Bombers to Kickoff 2021 Home Season on June 17 - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Release 2021 Schedule - Ottawa RedBlacks
- CFL Releases 'Comeback' 2021 Schedule - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce 2021 Schedule - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.