Red Stars Announce Addition of Ella Stevens to Roster
CHICAGO - Today the Chicago Red Stars announced the signing of Ella Stevens. The club selected Stevens with the 24th pick in the 2020 NWSL Draft. She made her first appearance for the Red Stars on a short-term contract during the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup.
"Ella has been training with the Red Stars since we returned from the Challenge Cup. She put in the work, recovered from her injury, and integrated with the team beautifully," said Head Coach Rory Dames. "She's going to make a great addition."
As a junior, Stevens played in all 17 games, making 14 starts. She led the team with ten assists, putting her 27th for her career, fourth all-time in Duke Women's Soccer history, and second in the ACC. Stevens was ranked seventh nationally during the 2018 season. This past season, Stevens started at midfield for every game with the Devils. She tied second on the team for goals, scoring eight, and first for assists, with six.
Stevens' contributions were recognized when she earned United Soccer Coaches All-Atlantic Region Second Team, All-ACC Second Team, and all-conference honors for her fourth consecutive season.
The Red Stars will wrap up the Fall Series tomorrow, Saturday, October 10 against Sky Blue FC at 11:30am CT live on CBS All-Access.
Images from this story
Ella Stevens of the Chicago Red Stars
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from October 9, 2020
- Dash close NWSL Fall Series with 2-1 win over Orlando Pride - Houston Dash
- Pride Fall 2-1 to Houston in Return to Orlando - Orlando Pride
- Red Stars Announce Addition of Ella Stevens to Roster - Chicago Red Stars
- Match Forecast: OL Reign Hosts Portland Thorns FC - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Red Stars Stories
- Chicago Red Stars Acquire NWSL Playing Rights to Haley VanFossen and Jill Aguilera
- 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup Set to be Played in Home Markets; Kickoff Scheduled for April 9
- Bianca St.Georges Selected for Canada's Upcoming National Team Training Camp
- Chicago Red Stars to Participate in Inaugural International Women's Cup
- Chicago Drafts Five, Acquires 2021 International Spot in 2021 NWSL College Draft