Red Bulls Waive Four Players
SECAUCUS, NJ (February 18, 2008) - Red Bull New York announced today it has waived its rights to midfielder Elie Ikangu, forwards Chris Karcz and Randi Patterson and midfielder/defender Laurent Manuel.
Ikangu, who was signed by New York in the 2006 preseason, appeared in one match in 2007, coming on in the 82nd minute against the Columbus Crew on May 19. In his rookie season, the 21-year-old Paris, France, native played in two games.
Karcz was signed by the Red Bulls on July 2, 2007 after being on trial with the team. The former Chicago Fire player featured in six MLS Reserve League games, scoring one goal and one assist.
Patterson, a graduate of the University of North Carolina - Greensboro, was drafted by the Red Bulls in the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft in the first round (sixth overall). He did not see any regular season action, but played in nine Reserve League matches, tallying two goals.
Manuel was drafted by New York out of Brown University in the fourth round (49th overall) of the 2008 MLS Supplemental Draft.
The Red Bulls home opener is scheduled for Saturday, April 5 against the Columbus Crew at Giants Stadium at 7:30 PM ET. For ticket information, contact the Red Bulls at 1.877.RBSOCCER.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2008
- Revolution Releases Remainder of Preseason Schedule - New England Revolution
- Revolution Signs Mauricio Castro of Honduras - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Waive Four Players - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- CONCACAF Unveils Group Assignments, Dates for 2019 Gold Cup
- Red Bulls Defeat San Jose, Earn 20th Win of the Season
- Six Red Bulls Called into October FIFA Window
- Red Bulls and Southern New Hampshire University Host Successful 3rd Annual Vocational Day at Red Bull Arena
- Red Bulls' eMLS Player Mike Labelle Honored at Tempest eSports Business Awards