Recent Black Bears Alum and Junior Hockey Graduate Bradley Jenion Commits to Trine University
ODENTON, MD - Bradley Jenion, former Defenseman for the Maryland Black Bears, has committed to play NCAA hockey with Trine University. The Trine Thunder have only recently added hockey to their athletic department, as 2017-18 was their Inaugural Season. Similar to the Black Bears, Bradley's NCAA commitment is an opportunity to make an immediate impact and help expedite the progression of the freshly formed program. The Trine Thunder is an NCAA Division III school and part of the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association.
Bradley Jenion was acquired midseason from the Shreveport Mudbugs to bolster the defense for the Black Bears. The 6'4, 216-pound blueliner quickly became a fan favorite with his physical style of play. Shortly after joining the Black Bears, the England native won the NAHL East Division Star of the Week. He recorded four points (1 goal, 3 assists) and was +4 in two games.
Bradley Jenion is a fierce competitor, a team-first player, and will provide the Thunder with a very strong defensive presence on the ice. Trine University has acquired a high-caliber player and a high-character person that will represent the institution well not only on the ice, but off the ice as well.
"I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Maryland Black Bear and I'd like to say thank you to my Billets, Coaches, the Front Office, and the Fans," said Former Black Bears Defenseman, Bradley Jenion. "I am happy I got to be part of this new franchise and can't wait to see what the future holds. Like the Black Bears, joining the Trine Thunder will allow me to contribute to a new hockey program right away. I will never forget what Black Bear Nation did for me."
"Bradley was highly sought after, as he garnered a strong reputation as a fierce competitor with an impressive work ethic," said Maryland Black Bears Head Coach Clint Mylymok. "Trine is getting a great young man, and we wish nothing but the best for Bradley as he embarks on the next phase of his hockey journey. We appreciate his time in Maryland, and the effort he put forth for this organization, on and off the ice."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Perrone Commits to the University of Alaska Anchorage - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Recent Black Bears Alum and Junior Hockey Graduate Bradley Jenion Commits to Trine University - Maryland Black Bears
- Wings Advance to NAHL Championship Game - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Season Ends After Loss - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maryland Black Bears Stories
- Maryland Black Bears Forward Luke Posner Commits to Bethel University
- Recent Black Bears Alum and Junior Hockey Graduate Bradley Jenion Commits to Trine University
- Jason Deskins Joins Black Bears as Assistant General Manager and Head Scout
- Black Bears Tender Forward Logan Kittleson and Defenseman Anthony Mollica
- Forward Luke Mountain Named to NAHL East Division All-Rookie Team