Bulls Season Ends After Loss
BLAINE, MN - An incredible season of resurgence to the top of not only the South Division, but the North American Hockey League for the Amarillo Bulls came to an end on Sunday night.
The Bulls were eliminated by the Aberdeen Wings 3-0 in the third and deciding game of the Robertson Cup National Semi-Final Series at Fogarty Ice Arena on Sunday night. The Wings won the series 2-1 and will face the Fairbanks IceDogs on Tuesday night for the National Championship.
The game was the Bulls fifth elimination game and 13th total contest of the post season.
The Wings took a 1-0 lead in the first three minutes of the game, and increased their lead to 2-0 in the final seconds of the middle stanza. The Bulls thought they had scored a goal when Brendan West found Trey Bagwell alone at the side of the net. It appeared the puck may have crossed the goal line, but upon further review the officials deemed that there was no goal.
Amarillo came on strong in the third period and played with a sense of urgency. The Bulls had numerous scoring opportunities including off the sticks of Gabriel Seger, Logan Jenuwine, Jake Willets and Alex Peterson to name a few. The Wings stopped any comeback bid by the Bulls by scoring into an empty net.
The Bulls featured so many major accomplishments from winning 46 games, claiming the South Division Regular Season and Playoff Title to several NCAA College Commitments. There were many individual accomplishments with Logan Jenuwine breaking the individual goal scoring record of 60 to Brenden Datema setting a new mark for defenseman.
Next up for the Amarillo Bulls are two Pre-Draft Camps as well as the NAHL Draft that takes place in early June. Later in the summer the Bulls will hold Main Camp and begin the process of selecting players for the 2019-2020 and the 10th anniversary season of the program.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Perrone Commits to the University of Alaska Anchorage - New Jersey Titans
- Recent Black Bears Alum and Junior Hockey Graduate Bradley Jenion Commits to Trine University - Maryland Black Bears
- Wings Advance to NAHL Championship Game - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Season Ends After Loss - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Shutout Brahmas to Win Fifth Straight
- Bulls Win Fourth Straight in Shootout Thriller with Lone Star
- Nick Trela's Late Goal Sinks Brahmas as Bulls Sweep Weekend
- Bulls Score Three Unanswered Goals to Derail Undefeated Lone Star
- Bulls Bounce Back with Four Goal Night in Topeka