RazorSharks Martzloff Retires
(Rochester, New York)...Rochester native and McQuaid Jesuit High School graduate Scott Martzloff officially announced his retirement from professional basketball yesterday after helping the Rochester RazorSharks capture the 2005-2006 American Basketball Association championship in their inaugural season.
"To come back and play pro ball in my hometown and win a championship was a dream come true" said Martzloff. "I want to thank the RazorSharks organization, my coach and teammates and especially the fans of Rochester who supported us through our championship run."
The 7'1" center played in 28 games for Rochester, averaging 3.4 points per game and 2.8 rebounds while tying for the team lead in blocked shots. He had a team high 12 rebounds against the Boston Frenzy on January 4 last year.
Martzloff won two Section V high school titles and led McQuaid Jesuit to the 1988 New York State title. Martzloff was a four-year letterman at Holy Cross where he graduated in 1992.
Martzloff is Director of Operations at Edison Tech High School in Rochester and has a Masters Degree in Education.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from October 19, 2006
- Wranglers Top Austin Capitol Sound 140-122 - Waco Wranglers
- Buffalo Silverbacks Sign 14 Feet of Dominant Force - Buffalo Silverbacks
- Arkansas RiverCatz sign former Razorback - Arkansas Rivercatz
- Arkansas RiverCatz, Aeros to meet in exhibition contest - Arkansas Rivercatz
- Arkansas RiverCatz, Aeros to meet in exhibition contest - Arkansas Aeros
- Arkansas Aeros, RiverCatz hire Director of Sports Information - Arkansas Rivercatz
- Arkansas Aeros, RiverCatz hire Director of Sports Information - Arkansas Aeros
- Hollywood Fame of the ABA to announce Head Coach Tuesday in Santa Monica - Hollywood Fame
- Champions to hold tryout camp - Anderson Champions
- ABA All Access Radio airs Saturday - ABA
- Former NFL Tight End for the Minnesota Vikings signs with the Minnesota Ripknees - Minnesota Ripknees
- Frenzy set to open training camp - Cape Cod Frenzy
- ABA Salutes Military Connection - ABA
- Ripknees to hold open tryouts - Minnesota Ripknees
- RazorSharks Martzloff Retires - Rochester RazorSharks
- Willy's Gym aligns with Frenzy - Cape Cod Frenzy
- Rockstars Marques Sullivan signs with Chicago Rush - Chicago Rockstars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.