Randy Wells to Make Rehab Start with Iowa
RHP Randy Wells is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Iowa Cubs. Wells was placed on the disabled list by Chicago as of April 5 with a right forearm strain shortly after making his first start of the 2011 season. He is slated to start on Sunday for Iowa's 1:05 p.m. game against Tucson. Wells made his season-debut for Chicago on April 4 against Arizona. He tossed six innings, giving up six hits and one run while striking out six and walking four. He made his first rehab start for single-A Peoria last Tuesday. In that game, Wells went three and two-thirds innings, and gave up three runs (one earned) on six hits.
The Belleville, Ill. native last made an appearance for the I-Cubs in 2009. He started the 2009 season on the Iowa roster before being recalled by Chicago in May. Wells was the Cubs' minor league Pitcher of the Year in 2008. He went 10-4 with a 4.02 ERA in 27 games (19 starts) with Iowa before being earning a September call-up by Chicago.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 20, 2011
- RedHawks Send River Cats to Third Straight Loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Zephyrs Beat Fresno, 2-0, To Level Series - Fresno Grizzlies
- Zephyrs silence Grizzlies - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Oeltjen Lifts Isotopes To 2nd-straight Walk-off Win Over Reno - Reno Aces
- Iowa beats Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Mills dominates; Chasers can't get past suspended-game hangover - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Seven-Run Rally Gives Cubs Win, 11-10 - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Edged By Colorado Springs Sky Sox 5-4 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Take Second Straight In Salt Lake, 5-2 - Nashville Sounds
- 'Topes to Take Part in Challenger Little League Clinic - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Launch Gus Zernial Ambassador Program - Fresno Grizzlies
- Randy Wells to Make Rehab Start with Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. Colorado Springs Sky Sox - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Kids Day to Welcome Over 12,000 Students to Spring Mobile Ballpark - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Take Opener in Sacramento - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Back Banks as Grizzlies Beat Zephyrs - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Fall to Redbirds, 8-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Z's Suffer Jetlag in 6-2 Loss in Fresno - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.