Ramos Delivers 8-7 Walk-Off Win for Dodgers
Oklahoma City - With the bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th inning, Henry Ramos grounded a single into center field to bring home two runs for the Oklahoma City Dodgers and supply an 8-7 walk-off win Monday against the New Orleans Baby Cakes at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Ramos finished the night 3-for-5 at the plate with a run scored and four RBI. Over the four-game series against New Orleans, the outfielder batted an incredible 12-for-19, including two doubles, a triple and two grand slams along with 13 RBI.
Monday's victory gave the Dodgers a third consecutive walk-off win and fourth walk-off win during their first homestand of 2018.
The Dodgers improved their record to 9-1 overall with their eighth straight win and remained undefeated at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark with a 7-0 start at home. Oklahoma City is enjoying its longest winning streak since putting together 12 consecutive wins July 26-Aug. 2, 2013.
The Dodgers took a 2-0 lead in the first inning of a back-and-forth game.
Tim Locastro led off with a single and scored on a one-out RBI knock by Ramos. The Dodgers added another run on a RBI single by Jake Peter for a 2-0 lead.
The Baby Cakes scored a run in the top of the second inning to cut the Dodgers' lead to 2-1. Donovan Solano singled in the bottom of the inning and scored on a wild pitch to extend OKC's lead to 3-1.
A RBI groundout by Cristhian Adames in the top of the third and RBI single by Adames in the top of the fifth inning tied the score, 3-3.
Alex Verdugo's home run to left field in the bottom of the fifth inning gave Verdugo his third homer in as many games and pushed Oklahoma City to a 4-3 lead.
Dodgers pinch hitter Alex Burg connected on a single and came around to score when Max Muncy singled to center for a 5-3 Dodgers lead in the sixth. Later in the inning, Ramos doubled to center to drive in another run and give the Dodgers a 6-3 advantage.
The Baby Cakes loaded the bases in the seventh inning with no outs. Adames then grounded into a double play and brought home a run to cut OKC's lead to 6-4.
New Orleans (4-8) added two more runs in the top of the eighth inning to tie the game, 6-6, and the teams extended into extra innings for the second straight game at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
A RBI groundout by Scott Van Slyke put New Orleans in front, 7-6, in the 10th inning.
The Dodgers started the bottom of the frame with Travis Taijeron at second base and went on to load the bases with no outs to set the stage for Ramos' game-winning, two-run single.
Oklahoma City outhit New Orleans, 19-8, in the game, led by four hits by Muncy. Solano and Ramos each also added three hits apiece.
Right-handed pitcher Walker Buehler got the start on the mound for the Dodgers, allowing two runs (one earned) and three hits over 4.0 innings with two walks and five strikeouts.
Pat Venditte (1-0) pitched the top of the 10th inning for Oklahoma City and picked up his first win of the season. New Orleans' pitcher Nick Wittgren (0-2) was charged with the loss.
The Dodgers next head to Round Rock for their second road trip of the season. Oklahoma City plays the Express starting at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday at Dell Diamond.
Live coverage begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com, or through the free iHeartRadio mobile app.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 17, 2018
- 14 Ks Drop I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Winning Streak Hits Four Games as Sounds Win in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Snap Seven-Game Slide - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Begin Road Trip with 4-2 Loss in New Orleans - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Lose on Walk-Off Walk in 10th - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (6-6) at Iowa Cubs (3-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Activate Giavotella - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (10-2) at Omaha Storm Chasers (2-9) - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Grizzlies Partner with Poverello House for Food Donation - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ramos Delivers 8-7 Walk-Off Win for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Lose on Another Walk-Off, 8-7 in OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Named 2018 Triple-A Winner of Bob Freitas Award
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Named Finalist for 2018 Copa de la Diversion
- OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation Helps Provide Winter Coats to Area Elementary Students
- OKC Dodgers MVP Program Now Available Statewide in Oklahoma, Presented by Devon Energy
- Traxxas Monster Truck Tour at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Postponed