RailHawks Exercise Options on 12 Players
CARY, NC - The Carolina RailHawks announced today the club has exercised club options for the 2013 NASL season for 12 players. Defenders Austen King and Justin Willis; Midfielders Austin da Luz, Floyd Franks, Breiner Ortiz, Tiyiselani Shipalane, Nick Zimmerman and Jake Beckford; and Forwards Brian Ackley, Brian Shriver, and Zack Schilawski. Per club policy terms of player contracts are not disclosed.
"Being able to bring back a core group of the players is an important piece for our plans in 2013," said Head Coach Colin Clarke. "With the new league format, having stability and consistency in the roster will give us the opportunity to get off to a fast start."
Of the 58 goals scored over all competitions by the RailHawks in 2012, 47 goals were scored amongst the group of returning players. Within the group of returning players, only 1 player entered the 2012 NASL season with more than 50 professional appearances. Over the 2012 season, the 12 players racked up 210 appearances across all competitions, with 152 starts.
"Last year, we had a group of young talented players, but with few appearances at the professional level," said Clarke. "In 2013, we will still have a group of young talented players, but with a full year of experience. In addition to this group we will also look to resign other key members of the 2012 RailHawks. This point in the offseason is a very busy time of year as we are scouting nationally and internationally during the months of December and January. Our upcoming open tryouts are another method of finding the pieces to build a 2013 Carolina RailHawks roster that can bring home a championship."
The Carolina RailHawks will kick off their 7th season at the New WakeMed Soccer Park in the Spring of 2013. Season Tickets and Flex Plans for the 2013 season are on sale now. For more information on 2013 RailHawks ticket packages, call the Cruizers Box Office at 919-459-8144 or visit www.CarolinaRailHawks.com/STH.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from November 28, 2012
- Minnesota Stars FC Exercise 13 Options for 2013 - Minnesota United FC
- Roster Moves Continue as Rowdies Look to Defend Title in 2013 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- RailHawks Exercise Options on 12 Players - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Makes USL Debut, Falls to Tampa Bay
- Continental Tire Announced as New North Carolina Courage Front of Jersey Sponsor
- North Carolina FC Begins New Chapter with USL Home Opener against Tampa Bay
- Aaron Guillen Inks Deal with North Carolina FC
- North Carolina FC Adds Former College Stars Graham Smith, Cameron Steele