Railers HC Sign Littleton, MA Native Brian Bowen
Bowen turns pro from University of Vermont
WORCESTER, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today that the club has signed forward Brian Bowen to an ECHL contract for the 2017-18 season.
Brian Bowen joins the Worcester Railers HC after spending the past three years (2015-18) at the University of Vermont where he played in 61 games, recorded 17 goals, 22 assists, and 47 penalty minutes for the Catamounts.
The 6-foot, 225lb Littleton, MA native tallied an impressive 12 goals and 15 assists for 27 points in his sophomore season (2016-17) with the Catamounts.
Prior to joining the Catamounts, Bowen was a member of the 2014-15 Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United State Hockey League (USHL). He played in 21 games for the Fighting Saints and put up six goals, six assists, and 16 penalty minutes. Before joining the Dubuque Fighting Saints, Bowen played in 35 games for the Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) and recorded 10 goals, 20 assists, and 16 penalty minutes.
"We're excited to add Brian to our roster as he makes his pro debut," said Russell. "He's shown offensive ability in the past and we look forward to working with him as he develops as a pro."
Bowen will wear #11 and report to the Railers on January 12th.
The Railers continue their six-game road trip in Manchester on Friday at 7pm vs. the first-place Monarchs.
The Railers Tavern, located behind the DCU Center provides hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Watch all road games broadcast live at Railers Tavern or watch on ECHLTV.com for a small fee. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Matthews .
Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com .
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2018
- Netminder Paterson Joins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Admirals Open Weekend Set with Nailers - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Day: Admirals Open Weekend Set with Nailers - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Start 3-In-3 with Back-To-Back vs. Thunder - Reading Royals
- Railers HC Sign Littleton, MA Native Brian Bowen - Worcester Railers HC
- Frazee Recalled to San Antonio - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Have Backs against the Wall After Game 4 Loss
- Railers Drop Game 3 to Thunder 3-1 in Front of 4,216 at DCU Center
- Railers Even Series in Front of Boisterous DCU Center Crowd in 2-0 Win over Thunder
- Railers Drop Game 1 in Adirondack 3-0
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Eligible Players for 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs