RailCats Acquire RHP Sinibaldi
GARY, IND. - The Gary SouthShore RailCats acquired right-handed pitcher Justin Sinibaldi from the Lake Erie Crushers of the Frontier League to complete an earlier transaction between the two clubs on Monday.
Sinibaldi went 3-4 with 10 saves and a 3.57 ERA in 30 games (nine starts) with Lake Erie last season. The 24-year-old led the Crushers with 17 games finished and was third on the team with a 71.1 first pitch strike percentage (FPS%). The third-year Crusher didn't allow a hit in 8.1 consecutive innings between June 5th and June 20th and didn't allow a run in 8.2 consecutive innings between June 5th and June 24th. In 68 innings, Sinibaldi yielded 27 earned runs on 77 hits and 25 walks and struck 55 batters.
In 2017, Sinibaldi went 5-2 with a 3.15 ERA and led Lake Erie with 36 relief appearances, a 73.2 FPS% and had the lowest base on balls per nine innings (BB/9) at 1.950. Sinibaldi was also second on the team with 73 strikeouts and 10.95 strikeouts per nine innings (K/9) in his second season with the Crushers.
Sinibaldi began his professional baseball career in 2016 after signing with Lake Erie on June 21st following his senior year at Nicholls State University. In 12 games with Lake Erie, the right-hander went 1-5 with a 4.17 ERA and a save in 12 games (three starts).
A native of Kenner, La., Sinibaldi was named the Southland Conference Pitcher of the Year, First Team All-Southland, First Team All Louisiana and was a member of the National College Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher of the Year Watch List after leading the conference with 10 wins and a 1.40 ERA during his junior season in 2015. Sinibaldi also led the Nicholls State pitching staff as a junior in wins, ERA, complete games (two) and shutouts (two).
Ticket packages for the 2019 Gary SouthShore RailCats season are available online at railcatsbaseball.com and can also be purchased by calling the RailCats ticket line at (219) 882-BALL. The RailCats box office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from November 16, 2018
- RailCats Acquire RHP Sinibaldi - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Railroaders Name Robertson Director of Baseball Operations - Cleburne Railroaders
- Gerig Joins Radio Broadcasting Team - Cleburne Railroaders
- Railroaders Name Clevlen Manager - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Acquire Southpaw Schaenzer from Can-Am League
- RailCats Acquire Infielder Figueroa from Atlantic League
- 'Cats Sign UTL Blodgett & RHP/OF Watkins to First Pro Contracts
- RailCats Acquire RHP Sinibaldi
- RailCats Announce Full Schedule and Opening Day for 2019 Season