Quad City Steamwheelers Welcome Back Shonn Bell
(Davenport, IA) - The Quad City Steamwheelers announced today that the arenafootball2 league has assigned OL/DL Shonn Bell to the team.
"Shonn (Bell) played great for us on the line last season," said head coach Sean Ponder. "Bell was an integral part in our being able to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks and I'm glad to have him back with us."
Bell played in 13 games for the Steamwheelers and made a major impact on the defensive line forcing a team-high seven quarterback hurries. The second year af2 player also had three pass breakups and 1.5 tackles for a loss, while registering a total of 22.5 tackles on the season.
The 6-foot-3, 270 pounder also showcased his offensive abilities catching one pass for 19 yards and a touchdown in the season finale at Manchester in 2006.
The Lyndhurst, Va. Native attended Virginia-Wise where he was an All-American TE and All-Virginia TE. Bell has also spent time with the Houston Oilers, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 16, 2006
- 2007 road to the ArenaCup - Spokane Shock
- Dusters announce schedule - Amarillo Venom
- Steamwheelers to Host 2nd Open Player Tryouts for 2007 Season - Quad City Steamwheelers
- 2007 Steamwheelers Schedule Announced - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Quad City Steamwheelers Welcome Back Shonn Bell - Quad City Steamwheelers
- af2 announces 2007 schedule - af2
- af2 welcomes two newcomers: Fort Wayne and Tri-Cities - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.