Pregame Details Available for St. Louis Cardinals Exhibition Game
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Redbirds have announced pregame details for Monday's "Battle of the Birds" exhibition game against the St. Louis Cardinals at AutoZone Park, presented by Big Cypress Lodge.
4:00: Gates Open
4:15-5:15: Redbirds Batting Practice
5:15-6:00: Cardinals Batting Practice
6:35: Pregame Ceremonies Begin
7:00: First Pitch
As part of pregame ceremonies, 2018 Triple-A National Championship rings will be presented to Redbirds and Cardinals players and staff who played a role in Memphis' historic season a year ago. Last season, the Redbirds claimed their second-straight Pacific Coast League title and fourth in franchise history and went on to win their first Triple-A National Championship with a 14-4 win over Durham, the champions of the International League.
The Redbirds went 83-57 in 2018 after going 91-50 in 2017. The 174 wins between the last two regular seasons are the most in a two-year span by Memphis professional baseball clubs since 1933-34, and the back-to-back league championships are the first by Bluff City pro baseball teams since the Memphis Chickasaws in 1952 and 1953.
Tickets for the "Battle of the Birds" are still available and can be purchased at www.memphisredbirds.com/battleofthebirds, at the AutoZone Park Box Office, or by calling (901) 721-6000. A limited number of Cardinals Foul Line tickets, located down the first base line near the Cardinals dugout, are also available and can be purchased by the same methods.
Will Call tickets can be picked up at the AutoZone Park Box Office this week from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and on the day of the game beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Batting practices will take place weather permitting.
After Monday's "Battle of the Birds" game, Opening Night for the two-time defending Pacific Coast League champion and 2018 Triple-A National Champion Redbirds is Thursday, April 4. For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Royals Announce Bevy of Roster Moves - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Still Feeling the Baseball Fever - San Antonio Missions
- Pregame Details Available for St. Louis Cardinals Exhibition Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Announce Exhibition Game General Admission Tickets on Sale Now - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Ponce de Leon Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Month