Pre-Kenny Chesney fun at the Baseball Grounds
Jacksonville, FLA - The Jacksonville Suns will open the Baseball Grounds on Friday, April 28 before the Kenny Chesney concert at the Jacksonville Arena to provide a place for concert goers to enjoy food and beverage prior to the show.
The Suns will open the third base side of the ballpark in the Palm Tree Pavilion facing the arena at approximately 5:30pm and will serve standard ballpark fare as well as beverages of all kinds.
"There are not too many affordable options for event patrons to have a meal or a drink before a show in this area yet," said Suns General Manager Kirk Goodman. "We enjoy making this service available to entertainment fans and hope they enjoy the opportunity to have a hamburger and a drink at the Baseball Grounds before a great concert."
There is no admission to enter the Baseball Grounds and the ballpark will close shortly after the concert begins.
The Jacksonville Suns will return to play at the Baseball Grounds on Sunday, May 7 to kick off a five-game homestand against the Carolina Mudcats. Tickets are available by calling 904-358-2846 or online at www.jaxsuns.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 26, 2006
- Johnson, Biscuits slam Birmingham, 8-3 - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears score 12 in win - Mobile BayBears
- Carolina-Chattanooga Postponed Wednesday - Carolina Mudcats
- Jaxx announce promotions for upcoming homestand - Jackson Generals
- Lookouts game notes - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Braves steal one from Biscuits, 9-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Prado heads to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Pre-Kenny Chesney fun at the Baseball Grounds - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.