BayBears score 12 in win
MOBILE, AL- The Mobile BayBears ended a four-game losing streak Wednesday, beating the Mississippi Braves 12-3. The BayBears scored three times in the first, three times in the second, once in the fifth, and five times in the sixth inning. Drew Macias went 2-for-5 with two doubles and five RBI?s in the victory. Roger Deago (W, 3-0) had his second consecutive strong start, pitching six innings, allowing one unearned run and four hits.
Adam Bourassa went 2-for-3 with two RBI?s for Mobile, and Brett Dowdy went 2-for-5 with two RBI?s and two runs scored for Mobile. Bubba Nelson pitched the final three innings of the game, picking up the save for Mobile.
The BayBears and Mississippi Braves will play four more times at Hank Aaron Stadium this series. Thursday night at 7:05, Cesar Carrillo (1-0) pitches for the BayBears against Mississippi?s Sean White (0-2). All BayBears games can be heard on 1480 AM WABB, Comcast Cable Channel 18, and on the internet via mobilebaybears.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 26, 2006
- Johnson, Biscuits slam Birmingham, 8-3 - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears score 12 in win - Mobile BayBears
- Carolina-Chattanooga Postponed Wednesday - Carolina Mudcats
- Jaxx announce promotions for upcoming homestand - Jackson Generals
- Lookouts game notes - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Braves steal one from Biscuits, 9-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Prado heads to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Pre-Kenny Chesney fun at the Baseball Grounds - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.