Looking for stats?

Poor Second Half Sinks Red Claws

December 6, 2017 - NBA G League (G League) - Maine Red Claws News Release

White Plains, NY - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, struggled in the second half for a second straight game, falling to the Westchester Knicks tonight, 117-94.

The Red Claws (7-5) were led by Trey Davis and L.J. Peak, who each scored 19 points off the bench. Andrew White and Devin Williams added 14 each for Maine. Once again, Maine's opponent featured a prolific scoring performance. Westchester (9-4) was led by Trey Burke, who finished with 39 points on 16-25 shooting, including 6-7 from three-point range.

White started the game right where he left off Saturday's game - draining a three. (White had tied a franchise record with 9 made three's in Saturday's loss to RGV.) Burke had the answer on the other side - the Michigan product dropped in a three to give the Knicks an early 7-5 lead. White buried another triple to give Maine the lead back at 17-16, but Burke continued to score at will for the Knicks. White scored 11 points in the 1st quarter, while Burke scored 10 for Westchester. Trey Davis scored 5 straight points as the Claws went on an 8-2 run. Maine took a 25-24 lead after the 1st quarter.

In the 2nd, Jabari Bird knocked down a triple to put the Red Claws up 33-28. The Knicks roared back, with Billy Garrett leading the way. Westchester went on a 8-0 run before a Daniel Dixon trey stopped it. The 13-3 run gave Westchester a 41-36 lead halfway through the period. The Red Claws brought it back - Devin Williams' hoop and the foul gave Maine a 46-45 lead. Davis followed that up with a trey of his own. When the dust settled on the first half, Westchester held a 57-56 lead. The Red Claws shot 45% (18-40) from the field, and 35% (7-20) from downtown. Westchester shot 50% (23-46) in the first half, and 54% (7-13) from three-point range.

The Knicks opened up a 64-59 lead in the early part of the 3rd quarter, but Allen's fast break lay-in stopped the bleeding. Still, Burke and the Knicks extended to a 68-61 lead halfway through the quarter. Burke took the game over on both ends of the floor - and his corner three made it a 10 point lead for the Knicks. Another Burke three made it 83-69. The Red Claws were out-scored 29-17 in the 3rd quarter, and Westchester took an 86-73 lead into the final quarter.

In the 4th, Isaiah Hicks opened the scoring with an easy bucket down low, extending the Knicks lead to 15. L.J. Peak answered with a three. Davis hit a pair of three's, and Maine cut it to 92-84. Bird hit another three to cut the deficit to 7. Burke stopped the bleeding with a pair of buckets, and Luke Cornet dropped in a triple - the 7-0 run made it 101-87 Knicks. The run continued to 15-2 and a 20-point advantage before Davis' deep three stopped the bleeding. Maine was out-scored 61-38 in the second half, and the Knicks ended the game on a 24-7 run.

The Red Claws finished shooting 41% (32-79) from the field, and 42% (15-36) from downtown. The Red Claws went 15-19 from the free throw line. Westchester shot 53% (47-88) from the floor, 50% (13-26) from deep, and 10-13 from the charity stripe.

Maine returns to action Wednesday at Windy City. The Red Claws return home for a pair of games this Friday and Saturday. Tickets are on sale now by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.

• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...

NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2017

The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.

Other Recent Maine Red Claws Stories