Players, Coach speak to Kiwanis Golden K
Head Coach Chico Adrahtas and the Wings three captains, Bryan Marshall, Chris Robinson(right) and Brad Robbins, spoke to the Kiwanis Golden K on Monday afternoon. They spoke to the club about the importance of the community work that the Wings do and to thank them for being such a welcoming community for the Wings players. Chris Robinson spoke to the group about how tutoring youth kids in reading and math is more powerful for him than even the students. Brad Robbins talked about how his past teams lacked the community side of hockey and how thrilled he was to be a part of an organization that gives back. Veteran Bryan Marshall, who has been with the Wings for 3 years, added that he looks forward to tutoring and helping these kids achieve their goals.
Wings tough out win over Chicago, 3-2
November 10, 2003 - In a tough, hard fought game, the Wings came out with a big win over the Chicago Steel on Sunday, 3-2. The scoring got started in the second period as Alex Foster collected his league leading 13th goal of the season on the powerplay with assists from Bryan Marshall and Nino Musitelli. Heading into the third with the game tied at 1 a piece, Brad Robbins blasted a low shot from the point that beat Chicago goaltender Adam DAlba to give the Wings the lead. But Topher Scott of the Steel scored 3 minutes later on the powerplay to tie the game. With less than 5 minutes to go in the game, the Wings AJ Panchenko ripped a shot from the point and Bryan Marshall was there to tip it in and give the Wings a win.
The game ended with 28 penalties called for 96 minutes. Justin Tobe picked up his 9th win by stopping 24 of 26 shots. The Wings improved to 11-2-3 overall, good for 25 points, and the overall point leader in the league.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2003
- USHL Weekly Report - USHL
- RoughRiders Host St. Louis Tomorrow - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- US National Under-17 Team takes first place at Four Nations Tournament with 6-2 Win over Switzerland - U.S. National Team
- Players, Coach speak to Kiwanis Golden K - Danville Wings
- "Relax, It's Just A Game" Public Service Campaign To Be Launched At Nov. 13 Press Conference In New - U.S. National Team
- John Hynes Named Coach - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.