Phoenix Rising Ends Historic Season Following 1-0 Loss in USL Cup Final
LOUISVILLE, KY - Phoenix Rising's season came to an end following a 1-0 loss to Louisville City FC in the USL Cup Final. Phoenix Rising finishes the year as Western Conference Champions.
Louisville's Luke Spencer scored the match's lone goal in the 62nd minute for the title clincher.
Phoenix Rising set multiple records in 2018. The club broke single-season team records for wins (19), points (63), goals (63), and highest finish in a regular season (third place). Two players also broke individual single-season records: Chris Cortez scored the most goals (19) and goalkeeper Carl Woszczynski finished with the most clean sheets in a season (13).
Phoenix Rising also set multiple attendance records during the season, drawing the five largest crowds in club history in 2018. The home season ended with the largest-ever crowd to watch a match at the Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex (7,701).
In addition to setting records, the club also reached several milestones including its first-ever home playoff match in addition to its first playoff win and first Western Conference Championship.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 9, 2018
- Louisville City FC Repeats as USL Cup Champions - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC Fans, Players Participate in Second Annual FIFA Tournament at Nashville Palace - Nashville SC
- Independence Announce December Open Tryout Dates, Registration - Charlotte Independence
- FC Cincinnati to Select Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft on December 11 - FC Cincinnati
- Phoenix Rising Ends Historic Season Following 1-0 Loss in USL Cup Final - Phoenix Rising FC
- Spencer's Strike Leads Louisville to Second Straight USL Cup - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.