Philadelphia Union II's Shanyder Borgelin Receives International Call-Up
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union II today announced Union II and Union Academy player, Shanyder Borgelin, has been called up to Haiti's U-23 National Team ahead of the upcoming Olympic Qualifiers.
Haiti takes on Honduras on Friday, March 19 at 3:30 p.m. ET and then will face Canada on Monday, March 22 at 6:00 p.m. ET. Borgelin received his last called up when he made his debut for the Haiti U20 National team on November 3, 2018 ahead of the Concacaf U-20 Championship. He played in three matches for the Haitian side, scoring one goal.
The 19-year-old forward has played 25 games for Union II, scoring one goal in a 3-3 draw vs. North Carolina FC. Borgelin also featured for the Union Academy's U-16/17 and U-18/19 teams where he scored 20 goals in 53 games.
Borgelin departed Clearwater, FL, where he participated in pre-season with the Union first team, to join his national team on March 17.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 22, 2021
- Skylar Thomas Signs with Memphis 901 FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Philadelphia Union II's Shanyder Borgelin Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union II
- Fort Lauderdale CF Unveils Full 2021 Schedule - USL
- New Signing Lefebvre Completes An Extended Journey to Louisville - Louisville City FC
- Austin Bold FC Announces Puma Partnership - Austin Bold FC
- Hartford Athletic and Walgreens Team up to Launch #Changemaker of the Month - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union II Stories
- Philadelphia Union II To Join MLS NEXT Pro for Inaugural Season
- Philadelphia Union II's Shanyder Borgelin Receives International Call-Up
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 Season
- Pittsburgh Gets Better of Union II
- Union II Edged by Hartford Athletic 3-2