Phantoms Top Lancers in Shootout, 4-3
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers went back and forth with the Youngstown Phantoms on Saturday night at Ralston Arena. The game resulted in a shootout where the Phantoms came out victorious over the Lancers winning 4-3.
In the first period, the Phantoms scored shorthanded when Thomas Farrell scored his second goal of the year at 14:19. The Phantoms kept the 1-0 lead heading into the first intermission.
In the second period, Aleksi Peltonen tied up the game 1-1 when he found the puck loose to score bar-down on Veltri. The Phantoms took the lead back on the power-play when Liam Dennison scored at 13:21 from the blueline. The Lancers fought back on their third power-play try of the night. Blais Richartz scored on the wrap around to get his first goal as a Lancer and to tie the game 2-2.
In the third period, Brett Shoein scored just 1:13 to get the Phantoms ahead 3-2. Then late into the final period and with the extra attacker on the ice, Ryan Savage tied the game at 17:16 off of a shot from Travis Mitchell. The game stayed tied 3-3 and overtime was forced.
No goals were scored in the extra period, and the game went to a shootout. Two Phantoms scored to seal the deal for Youngstown as they took game one of the weekend series 4-3.
The Lancers are now 11-19-1-4 on the year with 27 points in the USHL West.
The Lancers and Phantoms return for game two of the weekend series tomorrow Sunday, January 27th at 4:05 pm. It is Hockey Fights Cancer night presented by the American Cancer Society. The Lancers will be collecting donations to be given to the ACS and there will be a paint the ice event follow the game.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2019
- Offensive Outburst Spurs Steel Past Force 8-2 - Chicago Steel
- Stars Roll Past Gamblers 7-3 - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Rally Late to Top Madison - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Tri-City Defeats Des Moines 7-4 - Tri-City Storm
- Phantoms Top Lancers in Shootout, 4-3 - Omaha Lancers
- Flying Aces Bounce Back to Defeat Team USA 4-1 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Preview - Stars at Gamblers - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Tri-City Set for Road Game against Des Moines - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Defeat Phantoms 7-3 in Opening Game of Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Fall to Gamblers in Shootout - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.