Petes Can't Find Legs in Sault Ste. Marie
(Peterborough, ON) - Chris Paquette scored the game's first goal and Hunter Jones put in a mostly solid performance between the pipes, but in their third game in as many nights the Petes couldn't muster enough energy to match the Soo Greyhounds.
After Paquette's goal, the Greyhounds scored three straight in the second period, including league scoring leader Morgan Frost's 100th career OHL goal. They added another in the third period to take a 4-1 lead.
Mid-way through the third, Max Grondin scored his third goal of the weekend on Adam Timleck's assist (his fifth point in two games), but with two minutes to play the Greyhounds scored four times on the energy-less Petes to win the game 8-2.
Final shots were 36-25 in favour of Sault Ste. Marie. Jones stopped 28 of 35 shots. The Petes were 0/5 on the power play and 5/6 on the penalty kill. With Hamilton and Mississauga earning points on Saturday, the Petes dropped to seventh in the tight Eastern Conference Standings.
The Petes return to home ice for a rare Wednesday night game on January 30 at 7:05pm when they host the East Division rival Hamilton Bulldogs on Bell Let's Talk First Responders Night at the PMC. Tickets are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Petes Holiday Flex Packs can still be purchased and redeemed for Wednesday's game. For just $59.99 (tax included), fans will receive two Petes holiday mugs, two $2 Tim Hortons Tim Cards, and four ticket vouchers. The regular price of this package is $118, which means fans save almost 50% on the special offer. Contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263 to purchase one of the few remaining packages.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2019
- Bulldogs Lose 8-4 in Sarnia - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Tripped up by 67's to Snap Five-Game Winning Streak - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Sweep Three in Three Weekend with 5-3 Win over Saginaw - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Win It in OT over the Greyhounds, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- IceDogs Render Spitfires Flightless in 4-3 Win - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Top OHL Teams, Spirit and 67's Meet Sunday Afternoon in Ottawa - Saginaw Spirit
- Petes Can't Find Legs in Sault Ste. Marie - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Curtis Trolley Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies
- Sell out Crowd Treated to Late Game Petes Win over Bulldogs
- Declan Chisholm and Hunter Jones Named to 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Roster
- Select Tickets Remaining for Petes Home Opener on Thursday
- Two Petes Selected to Represent Canada at World U-17 Hockey Challenge