Perbix Joins the NAHL Central Team Roster at the Top Prospects Tournament
February 6, 2023 - North American Hockey League (NAHL) - St. Cloud Norsemen News Release
St. Cloud Norsemen winger Blake Perbix is currently out in Cranberry Township competing for Team Central for the 2023 North American Hockey League Top Prospects Tournament. Perbix took the place of teammate Nik Hong, as a big part of the tournament is getting exposure to colleges across the country and all participants must either be uncommitted or listed on the NHL Central Scouting Rankings. With Hong recently committing to Army (you can read all about it at: stcloudnorsemen.com/norsemen-captain-nik-hong-commits-to-army ) it opened up the chance for Perbix.
"I'm super excited for the opportunity," admits Perbix. "I'm just excited for Pittsburgh to play in front of a lot of people and hopefully put a good effort out there."
He joins teammate Duke Kiffin on Team Central and their first game is against Norsemen teammate Wyatt Wurst who ended up on Team East's roster.
In addition to all the NCAA scouts in western Pennsylvania, there are plenty of NHL scouts attending the games, which take place at the practice rink of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Many of them will recognize the last name, as Blake's cousin Nick Perbix is in his rookie season in the NHL with the Tampa Bay Lightning after finishing a four-year career at St. Cloud State University.
The format is unique in that Perbix and Kiffin will primarily be playing with players from the NAHL Central Division, so their regular foes that they're battling for positioning in the Central standings become friends for a couple games.
Perbix and Kiffin's Team Central will battle Team South Tuesday morning at 10:00 am central time while Wurst and Team East will take on Team Midwest Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 pm central. Both games can be watched online at www.hockeytv.com.
Perbix, Kiffin, and Wurst will return to St. Cloud later this week and join the Norsemen as they take to the road this weekend facing off against the Bismarck Bobcats with the games taking place Friday and Saturday, February 10th and 11th. The puck drops at 7:15 pm both nights. Both games also can be viewed at www.hockeytv.com.
The Norsemen are next at home Friday and Saturday, February 17th and 18th vs. the Minot Minotauros. Friday the 17th will be Charlie Boike Night; 50% of the money from tickets sold will go towards a scholarship in memory of Charlie. Also on Friday the 17th the first 100 fans will receive a free Norsemen winter beanie provided by Franklin Graphics & Outdoor Advertising. You can get your tickets for that and all games at tickets.stcloudnorsemen.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2023
- Dahlmeir Named NAHL Bauer Hockey Central Star of the Week - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Harney Named NAHL's East Division's Second Star of the Week; Young Is Honorable Mention - New Jersey Titans
- Perbix Joins the NAHL Central Team Roster at the Top Prospects Tournament - St. Cloud Norsemen
- NAHL Announces Bauer Hockey Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Jacks Fall to Shreveport in Overtime, 5-4 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Norsemen Captain Nik Hong Commits to Army - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Jr. Blues Take 5 of 6 Points from Anchorage - Springfield Jr. Blues
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Cloud Norsemen Stories
- Norsemen with One Lone Game this Weekend in Austin But a Critical Matchup as the Regular Season Winds Down
- Carter Bradley: Surrounded by Familiar Faces in St. Cloud
- Norsemen in the Driver's Seat When It Comes to Clinching a Playoff Berth
- Norsemen Defeat Minotauros 3-1 to Simultaneously Improve Their Playoff Chances While Hurting Minot's Postseason Hopes
- Norsemen Strike First But Fall to Minot 4-1 Friday