Paul Eshleman Named FSL Player of the Week
Daytona Beach, Fla. - The Florida State League announced today that Brevard County catcher Paul Eshleman was named the FSL Player of the Week for the period of April 20-April 26, 2015. Eshleman played in six games and went 11-for-25 at the plate for a .440 batting average. He smacked two doubles, a triple and two home runs. On April 21, in game two of a doubleheader against Lakeland, Eshleman crushed a walk-off two-run homer in his first game in a Manatees uniform. He collected six RBI and scored four runs during the week. During the period, Eshleman posted an on-base percentage of .481 and a slugging percentage of .840.
Eshleman is in his fourth year with the Brewers organization. He was selected in the 23rd round of the 2012 First-Year Player Draft out of Cal State San Bernardino. He was added to the Brevard County roster on April 21 when he was transferred from Rookie Helena.
Eshleman resides in Philippi, West Virginia with his wife, Jacqueline. His older brother, John, was an infielder in the San Francisco Giants organization from 2009-2012.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram .
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 27, 2015
- Yankees Fall in Extras to Threshers, 8-5 - Tampa Yankees
- Knecht, Miracle Walk-Off in 11-Inning, 5-4 Victory - Fort Myers Miracle
- Gsellman Overcomes Delays, Pitches Mets to 7-1 Win - St. Lucie Mets
- Perez Earns FSL Pitcher of the Week Recognition - Bradenton Marauders
- Paul Eshleman Named FSL Player of the Week - Brevard County Manatees
- Clearwater Comes up Short in 3-2 Loss - Clearwater Threshers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.