Paige Added to "NFL Night" at Stockton Arena
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Lightning of the arenafootball2 league have announced former nine-year National Football League veteran wide receiver Stephone Paige (Kansas City Chiefs) is scheduled to appear at Stockton Arena for "NFL Night," as the Stockton Lightning face the Boise Burn beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 14.
Paige joins a lineup of former NFL players who are scheduled to be on-hand during the event, including former San Francisco 49ers greats Keena Turner, R.C. Owens, J.J. Stokes, former Oakland Raiders greats Jack Tatum and Jeff Jaeger, former Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker Mike Merriweather, the "Gold Rush" cheerleaders and mascot "Sourdough Sam" of the 49ers and "Raiderettes" of the Raiders.
All fans in attendance are invited to wear their favorite NFL team's jersey and receive $2 off each ticket purchased at the Stockton Arena ticket office (on game day) for the Week 16 match-up against the Burn.
A raffle featuring NFL memorabilia will be held throughout the event to benefit the Boys and Girls Club with autograph opportunities available throughout the night.
Doors are scheduled to open at 6:00 p.m.
ABOUT STEPHONE PAIGE (WR):
Former NFL receiving standout Stephone Paige spent all nine seasons (1983-91) of his pro career with the Kansas City Chiefs, most well-known for setting an NFL single-game record with 309 receiving yards on December 22, 1985 against the San Diego Chargers. The accomplishment still stands as the second-best single-game output behind Los Angeles Rams receiver Flipper Anderson's record-breaking 336 yard-total in 1989. An undrafted free agent out of Fresno State University, Paige led the Chiefs in 1990 with a career-high 65 catches and 1,021 receiving yards, additionally tallying a team-high five touchdown catches while helping guide the Chiefs to an 11-5 record and a spot in the AFC wild card round. Between 1985 to 1991, Paige had a reception in 83 consecutive games, a Chiefs record until tight-end Tony Gonzalez broke the mark in 2006.
The Lightning return home for week 16 with a 7:00 p.m. kickoff scheduled against the West Division-rival Boise Burn at Stockton Arena on Saturday, July 14. The game can be heard live at 1420-AM KSTN and on the internet at www.stocktonlightning.com (online audio courtesy of SportsJuice.com), with the game available for online viewing at a $6 "pay-per-view" charge via B2 Networks. In 2006, the Lightning ranked third in af2 attendance with an average of 7,445 fans per home game. Season tickets for the 2008 regular season are on sale now. For more information on season tickets, merchandise, or other information, please call the Lightning at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonlightning.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 12, 2007
- Mediacom Night at Cooper Tire Field - South Georgia Wildcats
- Paige Added to "NFL Night" at Stockton Arena - Stockton Lightning
- Dawgz Play Significant Role in AFL Playoffs - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Week Sixteen: Friday Night Matchups - af2
- af2 Week Sixteen: Quick Hitters - af2
- Manchester Wolves From The Den - Manchester Wolves
- Jungle Kats Fight Blizzard This Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Fire wear red jerseys for Special Olympics auction - Louisville Fire
- Wolves Go Long - Manchester Wolves
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Lightning Stories
- Lightning Suspend Day-To-Day Operations
- Shockwave Dancer "Lee" Named to Aaron's af2 "Dream Team"
- Lightning eliminated from postseason, Spokane advances on 55-0 run
- Stockton Lightning vs. Spokane Shock Game Preview
- Lightning enter ArenaCup Playoffs on winning note, eliminate Peoria