Shockwave Dancer "Lee" Named to Aaron's af2 "Dream Team"
STOCKTON, Calif. - Shockwave dancer "Lee" of the Stockton Lightning has been named to the Aaron's af2 Dream Team, an all-star selected cast of dance team members throughout the arenafootball2 league scheduled to appear and perform at the 2009 ArenaCup Weekend (Aug. 20-22) in Las Vegas, the Lightning announced today in conjunction with the af2 League Office.
The special 12-member all-star dance and promotional team, an exciting new addition to this year's ArenaCup festivities, will be involved in a number of ArenaCup10 activities including performing during halftime of the championship game and appearances throughout the weekend of events.
More information on Lee can be found at: http://www.stocktonlightning.com/shockwave/meettheshockwave/index.html?staff_id=77
Throughout the final eight (8) weeks of the regular season, af2 fans had the opportunity to vote for their favorite team dancers. The top vote getter for each squad represents their team on the Aaron's af2 Dream Team. More than 45,000 votes were registered on af2.com earning the following dancers spots on the 2009 Aaron's af2 Dream Team:
Katie Green Bay Blizzard
McKenzy Quad City Steamwheelers
Autumn Tulsa Talons
Amy Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
Chantel Spokane Shock
Alyssa Manchester Wolves
Nicole Peoria Pirates
Tanya Milwaukee Iron
Shellie Boise Burn
Laura Rio Grande Valley Dorados
Lee Stockton Lightning
Lacey Iowa Barnstormers
"We're very pleased that Aaron's has partnered with the af2," said af2 President Jerry Kurz. "We are equally excited about the Aaron's Dream Team and how the addition of this special group will enhance our ArenaCup festivities."
Ken Butler, COO of Aaron's said, "It's been an exciting season and we had great response in the 'Vote for your favorite Aaron's af2 Dream Team' contest. We look forward to an equally responsive turnout for the 2009 Arena Cup Weekend festivities." Butler went on to encourage employees and voting participants alike to turn out or tune in for the event August 20-22 and support their favorite dancer, the competing teams, and Aaron's. "This has been a wonderful partnership and it has been a great privilege to work with the af2."
The 2009 af2 playoffs continue this Saturday, August 15 with the American and National Conference Championship games. On the American side, the No. 1 seed Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers host the No. 6 seed Green Bay Blizzard at 4:00 p.m. PT. The No. 1 seed Spokane Shock host the No. 2 seed Tulsa Talons at 7:00 p.m. PT on the National side. The winners advance to the 2009 ArenaCup Championship game next Saturday, August 22 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Tickets to the 2009 ArenaCup are available by visiting www.orleansarena.com, all Coast Casinos box offices, The Galleria at Sunset or by calling 800-675-3267 and mention code: ARENACUP.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 14, 2009
- Shockwave Dancer "Lee" Named to Aaron's af2 "Dream Team" - Stockton Lightning
- Conference Championships: Saturday Matchups - af2
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton DB Michael Robinson Named Aaron's Defensive Player of the Year - af2
- Alyssa Vachon of Sommersworth named to the Aaron's arenafootball2 league Dream Team - Manchester Wolves
- Storm Chaser Lacey Named to Aaron's af2 Dream Team - Iowa Barnstormers
- Platinum Dancer Tanya Selected to Aaron's af2 Dream Team - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Aaron's af2 Dream Team Announced - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Lightning Stories
- Lightning Suspend Day-To-Day Operations
- Shockwave Dancer "Lee" Named to Aaron's af2 "Dream Team"
- Lightning eliminated from postseason, Spokane advances on 55-0 run
- Stockton Lightning vs. Spokane Shock Game Preview
- Lightning enter ArenaCup Playoffs on winning note, eliminate Peoria