Platinum Dancer Tanya Selected to Aaron's af2 Dream Team
Milwaukee Iron Platinum Dance Team member Tanya has been selected to the Aaron's af2 Dream Team, the arenafootball2 league announced today. The 12-member team consists of standout dancers chosen from the 25 teams around the league and will perform on multiple occasions culminating with the tenth anniversary ArenaCup Championship Game on Saturday, August 22 in Las Vegas.
Tanya joins Tiffany Campbell, Iron Director of Game Operations and Coordinator and Choreographer of the Platinum Dance Team, who was named Director and Choreographer of the Aaron's af2 Dream Team in July.
"We are proud and excited to send both Tanya and Tiffany to Las Vegas to represent the Platinum Dance Team and the Milwaukee Iron," Platinum Dance Team Director Amy Vallozzi said. "Their selections cement our status as one of the elite dance squads in the league. They have both worked extremely hard to get to this point and we look forward to watching them perform at the ArenaCup."
Tanya has been dancing since she was four years old and has experience in Ballet/Point, Tap, Jazz, and Hip/Hop. She was chosen to represent the Iron as one of 25 candidates for the Aaron's af2 Dream Team, which then relied on fan voting to determine the final 12 dancers. More than 45,000 votes were registered on af2.com during the eight week voting period.
Also representing the league on the Dream Team are: Katie (Green Bay Blizzard), McKenzy (Quad City Steamwheelers), Autumn (Tulsa Talons), Amy (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers), Chantel (Spokane Shock), Alyssa (Manchester Wolves), Nicole (Peoria Pirates), Shellie (Boise Burn), Laura (Rio Grande Valley Dorados), Lee (Stockton Lightning), and Lacey (Iowa Barnstormers).
Tickets to the 2009 ArenaCup are available by visiting www.orleansarena.com.
Thank you to all fans who helped vote Tanya onto the Aaron's af2 Dream Team!
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 14, 2009
- Shockwave Dancer "Lee" Named to Aaron's af2 "Dream Team" - Stockton Lightning
- Conference Championships: Saturday Matchups - af2
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton DB Michael Robinson Named Aaron's Defensive Player of the Year - af2
- Alyssa Vachon of Sommersworth named to the Aaron's arenafootball2 league Dream Team - Manchester Wolves
- Storm Chaser Lacey Named to Aaron's af2 Dream Team - Iowa Barnstormers
- Platinum Dancer Tanya Selected to Aaron's af2 Dream Team - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Aaron's af2 Dream Team Announced - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.