Outlaws Win Third MLL Championship with Victory over Dallas Rattlers
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Denver Outlaws won their third Major League Lacrosse Championship with a 16-12 win over the Dallas Rattlers on Saturday in Charleston, S.C.
The win ties Denver for second all-time in Major League Lacrosse Championship wins and is the seventh championship win for a Pat Bowlen-owned franchise (Denver Outlaws, 3; Denver Broncos, 3; Colorado Crush, 3).
Attackman Matt Kavanagh was named Coca-Cola Championship MVP for his nine-point performance (4 goals, 5 assists). Faceoff specialist Max Adler won 15-of-28 faceoffs and goalie Dillon Ward made 16 saves on 28 shots.
The Outlaws took a quick 3-0 lead and were up 5-4 at the end of the first quarter. Dallas opened up a 9-6 lead midway through the second quarter, but Denver ended the half on a 4-0 scoring run and took a 10-9 lead into halftime.
Outscoring Dallas 4-2 in the third quarter, Denver led 14-11 at the start of the closing stanza. The Outlaws defense locked the Rattlers down in the fourth quarter and allowed just one goal.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 19, 2018
- Outlaws Win Third MLL Championship with Victory over Dallas Rattlers - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Outlaws Win Third MLL Championship with Victory over Dallas Rattlers
- Denver Outlaws Lose 24-22 to Chesapeake BayHawks in Back-and-Forth Game on Sunday
- Denver Outlaws to Honor Mothers During Sunday's 'Real Men Weak Pink' Game against Chesapeake
- Denver Outlaws Acquire Attackman Kylor Bellistri in Trade with Boston Cannons
- Denver Outlaws Lose 16-7 to Florida Launch in Second Game of Weekend Doubleheader