Osprey's Valdez Awarded PBL Pitcher of Week
MISSOULA, MT - Announced Monday, Missoula right-hander Alex Valdez was named the Pioneer League's pitcher of the week.
After beginning the 2019 season in the Arizona League, Valdez made his Osprey debut last Friday in Orem, pitching five shut-out innings against the Owlz.
Starting the second game of a Friday doubleheader in Orem, Valdez made his first start for Missoula, striking out five batters in five innings, retiring the Owlz in order in four innings.
In 10 games in the AZL, Valdez struck out 37 batters in 42.2 innings, limiting batters to a .219 average at the plate.
The 19-year-old native from San Juan de la Maguana, D.R. is scheduled to make his second Osprey start on Thursday against the Ogden Raptors.
Missoula returns to Ogren Park at Allegiance Field on Friday, August 16, against the Great Falls Voyagers for Jacks Pub Happy Hour, with $2 Mystery Beer on tap, and $3 micro brews from 4-7.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Mustangs Shut out Rockies, 6-0 - Billings Mustangs
- Osprey's Valdez Awarded PBL Pitcher of Week - Missoula Osprey
- Chukars Lock in to Split Series - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula Osprey Stories
- Bo Takahashi Becomes 74th Missoula Alum to Reach the Show
- Osprey Lose Four Game Series to Great Falls Due to Field Conditions
- Osprey Lose Another Game Due to Field Conditions
- Osprey Game Postponed Due to Unplayable Conditions
- 5th Inning Propels O's over Ogden, 7-1