Orlando Pride Signs Midfielder Jordyn Listro to New Contract Ahead of 2023 Season
January 16, 2023 - National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) - Orlando Pride News Release
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Pride and midfielder Jordyn Listro have agreed to a new one-year contract, with a Club option for the 2024 season, it was announced today. Listro originally joined the Pride signing a short-year contract for the 2020 Fall Series, before rejoining the Pride in the summer of last year and signing a contract for the entire 2022 season.
"Jordyn is a player who has roots here in Florida and fights every day to represent the badge and the community," Head Coach Seb Hines said. "After returning to us last year, she stepped in right away and made an immediate impact on the pitch. She is a player that is always looking to improve, and is willing to do the dirty work in the midfield, which is vital to the type of team we want to be. We couldn't be happier to have her back in a Pride uniform."
"I am so excited to be back for another year with the Pride. This is a club I love representing and a city where I feel at home," Listro said. "You saw a glimpse of what this team is capable of last season and we have a lot to prove this season. I can't wait to get started."
Listro is coming off one of her best seasons in the National Women's Soccer League, setting career highs with 19 appearances and 13 starts while also picking up her first professional assist against the Washington Spirit on May 27, 2022, on a second-half stoppage time goal which helped spark a Pride comeback.
The University of South Florida product set a record for games played with 82 while in school and recorded five assists. As a native of Toronto, Canada, Listro has also represented Canada at the youth and senior levels and earned her senior national debut on Feb. 21, 2022, at Exploria Stadium in the SheBelieves Cup. Listro made her professional debut with Spanish Primera División team UDG Tenerife back in 2017.
TRANSACTION: Orlando Pride signs midfielder Jordyn Listro to a new contract for the 2023 season, with an option for the 2024 season.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 16, 2023
- Orlando Pride Signs Midfielder Jordyn Listro to New Contract Ahead of 2023 Season - Orlando Pride
- Washington Spirit Signs Defender Sam Staab to New Contract - Washington Spirit
- Orlando Pride and Defender Celia Agree to Two-Year Contract - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Orlando Pride to Air Seven Matches Locally on FOX35 PLUS; Club's Broadcast Lineup Announced
- Orlando Pride Unveils the Highway Woman Kit, a Tribute to Trailblazing Florida Artist Mary Ann Carroll
- Orlando Pride Announces 23-Player Opening Week Roster
- Orlando Pride Takes 3-2 Victory over Washington Spirit in Final Preseason Test
- Orlando Pride Announces Kickoff to Soccer Events Ahead of 2023 Season Opener