Orange County Ready to Bounce Back against OKC Energy FC
IRVINE, Calif. - Orange County suffered a stunning defeat against RGVFC last weekend, a match that ended their six match winning streak. Now the club will again try to keep pace for the final home playoff spot.
The club may consider themselves lucky after dropping points Saturday night, as results elsewhere meant that OCSC only dropped into fourth, one point behind Real Monarchs, who currently occupy fourth. The reverse fixture ended in a narrow 0-1 loss for Orange County back in April.
OKC Energy currently sit in 14th place after a 5-1 defeat from Los Dos last weekend. While closer to the playoff line than OC's last two opponents, the Energy look unlikely to challenge for a play in, having only found the net three times in their last four matches and picking up just one point from a possible twelve.
Almost all of the Energy's attacking prowess comes via two Jamaicans. Deshorn Brown and Owayne Gordon have scored 19 of the club's goals, over 40% of the team's 2019 tally. Most of their attacking success comes on the break, though SoCal native Rafael Espinoza is fully capable of punishing teams from set-pieces.
Returning home looks to be a blessing for Orange County. Despite early season struggles, they have averaged nearly two points per game at home this season. Additionally, they will not have to worry about one of the longer trips in the USL. As October begins with all but three teams still in contention, Saturday's match is yet another must-win for the hosts.
Kevin Alston has made returned from his injury sustained in August. Michael Orozco is suspended following his dismissal in Texas. Michael Seaton, Vinicius, and Hugo Arellano still remain just one caution away from suspension for accumulation.
The match kicks off at 7pm at Championship Soccer Stadium at the Orange County Great Park. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the United States.
Orange County SC have earned 75% of their wins at home this season.
OKC Energy FC average 46% of possession and 371 passes per game.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 4, 2019
- Loudoun United Defeat the Tampa Bay Rowdies 2-0 - Loudoun United FC
- Orange County Ready to Bounce Back against OKC Energy FC - Orange County SC
- Roughnecks Preview vs Sacramento Republic FC - FC Tulsa
- The Greatest Assist: Players Bring Smiles, Memories to Patients at CHOC Children's Hospital - Orange County SC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Fresno FC - October 5, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- RGV FC Heads to Tough Crowd at New Mexico United - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- 1868 FC Home Playoff Scenarios - Reno 1868 FC
- Riverhounds Academy Launches Futsal Program - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Memphis 901 FC Journeys to Indy Eleven with Four Matches Left in Regular Season - Memphis 901 FC
- Apocalypse World: Beyond Wasteland Coming to Gnf - Reno 1868 FC
- Phoenix Rising Prepares for Final Road Match of 2019 - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Cristian Parano Named No. 2 Overall in USL 20 Under 20 List - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Returns Home to Host Memphis 901 FC - Indy Eleven
- What Questions Remain for Nashville SC's 2019 Season - Nashville SC
- Energy FC in Orange County for Must-Win Match Saturday Night - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: #LDNvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- North Carolina FC Aiming to Continue Stellar Home Form against New York Red Bulls II on Saturday - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy Team Adds New Layer to OC Pathway
- OCSC Signs Chris Wehan
- OCSC Announces New Youth Soccer Network as Part of Pathway to Pro in OC
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC