Oilers Assign Niko Hovinen To Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City - The Edmonton Oilers, parent club for the Oklahoma City Barons, assigned goaltender Niko Hovinen to Oklahoma City, General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
Hovinen, a 6-7, 200-pounder from Helsinki, Finland has played this season with the Trenton Titans of the ECHL. With Trenton, the 24-year old posted a 4-6-3 record, 3.14 goals against average and .889 saves percentage.
Originally a 5th round draft choice (132nd overall) of the Minnesota Wild in 2006, Hovinen played five seasons with Jokerit and Lahti in the SM-Liga in Finland.
Hovinen was claimed off of waivers by the Oilers from the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Barons host the Charlotte Checkers in a pair of games this weekend. Both games faceoff at 7 p.m. at the Cox Convention Center and can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7- game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 28, 2013
- Late Goal Gives Western Conference 7-6 Win in AHL All-Star Game - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Host 2nd Annual Pink in the Rink - Worcester Sharks
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators recall forward Mika Zibanejad from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Anaheim Reassigns Ryan Lasch to Swedish Elite League - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Host Crunch This Friday On Pride Night At The Nest - Springfield Falcons
- American Hockey League Hall of Fame Inducts Class of 2013 - AHL
- IceCaps re-assign Carrozzi to Ontario - St. John's IceCaps
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Skids Into All-Star Break - Rockford IceHogs
- 8,189 fans at DCU Center send Sharks off for All-Star break - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Have Screech Treat Your Sweetheart On Valentine's Day - Springfield Falcons
- Oilers Assign Niko Hovinen To Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons forward Mark Arcobello skates in AHL All Star Game tonight - Oklahoma City Barons
- Frederik Andersen Joins Danish National Team For Olympic Qualification Tournament - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss