Ohio acquires Dennis Urban and fourth round pick in 2007 draft
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Junior Blue Jackets acquired defenseman Dennis Urban and a fourth round selection in the 2007 United States Hockey League Draft from the Omaha Lancers in exchange for goaltender Drew Palmisano, General Manager Don Harkins announced today.
"Goaltending has been the strength of our team all year, and this was a tough trade to make because Drew is such a great kid and a good goaltender," said Harkins. "However, in this business in order to get something you have to give up something. We are very familiar with Denny and his abilities as a defenseman, and expect him to come in and help our power play."
Urban (5-10, 170, Pittsburgh, Pa.) comes to the Junior Blue Jackets after recording four goals and six assists for 10 points with 22 penalty minutes in 21 games with the Lancers this season.
Czarnecki (6-2, 165, Mishawaka, Ind.) has a 6-8-2 record with a 2.73 goals against average, a .920 save percentage and one shutout in 16 games for Team nXi Midget Major this season.
"We had Brandon out to skate with our team last week and our staff liked his potential as a young goaltending prospect," said Harkins. "Our staff is confident in Troy Redmann carrying the load for our team for the remainder of the year, with Brandon learning from Troy."
Both players are expected to be in uniform Tuesday night when the Junior Blue Jackets play host to the Green Bay Gamblers at Nationwide Arena. Game time is set for 7 p.m.
Ohio Junior Blue Jackets individual game tickets for 2006-07 regular season home games are on sale now at Nationwide Arena, The Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers and click here for information on season tickets, mini-plans and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2006
- RoughRiders' Stephens Commits to Dartmouth, Dickinson Bound for Quinnipiac - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- USHL names players of the week - USHL
- Junior Blue Jackets announce Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- Red-hot Ice 6-0-1 in last seven games - Indiana Ice
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Weekly Update - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Ohio acquires Dennis Urban and fourth round pick in 2007 draft - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- Stampede Host Waterloo and Sioux City this week - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.