Junior Blue Jackets announce Teddy Bear Toss Saturday
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Junior Blue Jackets will have the first annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday, Dec. 16 at Nationwide Arena during a game versus the Lincoln Stars. The game is set to begin at 1 p.m.
The toss will happen after the first Junior Blue Jackets goal of the game, when fans will be allowed to throw the Teddy Bears they have brought onto the ice. The Teddy Bears will be donated to the Fraternal Order of Police Foundation, who will in turn give them away to children during their tour of duty. Members of the Fraternal Order of Police Foundation will be in attendance to accept the donation. The Junior Blue Jackets organization asks that people bring at least one bear per family.
In addition, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Pascal Leclaire will be signing autographs from 5:30 - 6 p.m. on the main concourse in Nationwide Arena prior to the start of Sunday's contest between Ohio and Lincoln. The game is set to begin at 6 p.m. and will feature a visit from Santa Stinger.
The Junior Blue Jackets play five home games in the month of December, 12-13 against Green Bay, 16-17 versus Lincoln and a New Year's Eve match up with the Chicago Steel.
Ohio Junior Blue Jackets individual game tickets for 2006-07 regular season home games are on sale now at Nationwide Arena, The Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers and www.BlueJackets.com. For information on season tickets, mini-plans and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2006
- RoughRiders' Stephens Commits to Dartmouth, Dickinson Bound for Quinnipiac - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- USHL names players of the week - USHL
- Junior Blue Jackets announce Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- Red-hot Ice 6-0-1 in last seven games - Indiana Ice
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Weekly Update - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Ohio acquires Dennis Urban and fourth round pick in 2007 draft - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- Stampede Host Waterloo and Sioux City this week - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.