NYRB II Meet Louisville Again in Third-Straight Conference Final
HARRISON, N.J. - New York Red Bulls II face Louisville City FC in the Eastern Conference Finals for the third-straight postseason on Friday with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+ at Slugger Field.
Returning to the place where NYRB II saw their playoff dreams end in 2017 on penalties, New York enter Friday's match winners of four straight on the road and nine games unbeaten.
Coming off an upset of top-seeded FC Cincinnati, which saw them snap their 24-match unbeaten run, NYRB II has their eyes set on reaching their second USL Cup in three years, having previously won the title in 2016 at Red Bull Arena over Swope Park Rangers.
NYRB II has tallied two clean sheets in the playoffs after having just three all regular season.
Both teams have squared off twice in the regular season in 2018 with Louisville drawing one and winning the other. 16 goals have been scored between the two squads this season as well.
The conference final will take place between the two previous winners of the USL Cup.
Following Friday's match, NYRB II can either host the USL Cup final at Red Bull Arena or travel to Phoenix Rising FC. The final will take place on November 8 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 1, 2018
- Fresno FC & Jose Ramirez to Host Meet & Greet at Dave & Busters to Benefit Moises Martinez - Fresno FC
- NYRB II Meet Louisville Again in Third-Straight Conference Final - New York Red Bulls II
- San Antonio FC Defender Stephen McCarthy Announces Retirement - San Antonio FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls II Stories
- NYRB II Sign Harrison, New Jersey's Omar Sowe
- New York Red Bulls II Add Venezuelan Defender Edgardo Rito on Loan
- New York Red Bulls II Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- NYRB II Meet Louisville Again in Third-Straight Conference Final
- New York Red Bulls II Snap Cincinnati's 24-Match Unbeaten Run, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals