Northern Division of California League Give Proceeds of Fire Relief Hats to Ridgeview HS
VISALIA, CA - On Thursday, staff from the four teams in the California League Northern Division presented a check of $7,293 to Mike Lerch, the principal of Ridgeview High School. Ridgeview High School was destroyed by the California fires last Fall.
In December, the California League came together to raise money for those affected by the fires. Hats were created with each logo of the California League teams and sold for a limited time. The proceeds from those hat sales by Visalia Rawhide, San Jose Giants, Modesto Nuts, and Stockton Ports were given to Ridgeview High School.
Staff from the Rawhide, Giants, and Nuts traveled to Chico to present the check and tour the site of Ridgeview High School. Before the check presentation at the Chico Boys and Girls Club, Lerch gave the staff members a tour of the Boys and Girls Club which is the temporary home of Ridgeview High School students.
Want to be a part of this fundraiser? The Rawhide still have a small amount of Fire Fundraiser hats available! Contact Joel@rawhidebaseball.com to reserve yours before they are all gone.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from March 1, 2019
- Change a Life, Just Round Up - Inland Empire 66ers
- Northern Division of California League Give Proceeds of Fire Relief Hats to Ridgeview HS - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Visalia Rawhide Stories
- Quakes Take the Series 2-1 After a Six-Run 10th Inning
- Rawhide's 5-Run Fourth Inning Pushes Them Past the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rawhide Drop the First of a Three-Game Series against the Quakes
- Rawhide Walk It off in Extra Innings for the Second Night in a Row
- Rawhide Get First Win of 2019 in Walk-Off Fasion