North Carolina FC Travels to Jacksonville Armada FC for Friday Night Showdown
CARY, N.C. (Oct. 12, 2017) - North Carolina FC (11W-9D-9L, 42 points, third place) will face off against Jacksonville Armada FC (9W-10D-9L, 37 points, fifth place) in another critically important late-season match on Friday, Oct. 13 at Hodges Stadium at 7:30 p.m.
A win over the weekend will bring NCFC very close to qualifying for the 2017 NASL playoffs. Although Jacksonville has one game in hand, a win will push NCFC eight points clear and just two points away from clinching a spot in the playoffs.
The club will enter the match on its best form all season, winners of three consecutive matches. NCFC will aim to keep up the momentum and can specifically look towards its lockdown defensive play that has allowed no goals in the last 360 minutes. The defense also has only allowed one goal in the last 560 minutes of play, a streak that stretches seven matches.
The team will need to keep up its form to win in a location where the club has struggled to take home all three points. Jacksonville holds a 2W-1D-1L record against NCFC at home. The only loss for the Armada came from the first match of the series where NCFC won 4-0 on May 30, 2015.
Last Time Out:
North Carolina FC downed PRFC 1-0 on Oct. 7 with a goal from Steven Miller to move much closer to qualifying for the NASL playoffs. The win was the team's third shutout victory in a row.
Players To Watch:
No. 10 Nazmi Albadawi
Albadawi has made plays for NCFC all season through his midfield prowess. The Raleigh native has scored four times and added three assists. He's also created 51 chances for NCFC - a number that ranks second in the league. Look for Albadawi to get into space and run the midfield for NCFC.
No. 8 Jack Blake
Midfielder Jack Blake is a primary provider of the offense for the Armada. Blake leads the team with eight goals and has two assists. The playmaker from Nottingham, England scored in the last meeting between the clubs that ended in a 2-2 draw. Look for Blake to get the ball on his right foot, which has accounted for all eight of his goals in 2017.
Coming Up Next:
NCFC heads back to Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park for its regular-season home finale against the San Francisco Deltas on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available online or over the phone by calling the North Carolina Football Club Ticket Office at 919.458.8144.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from October 12, 2017
- North Carolina FC Travels to Jacksonville Armada FC for Friday Night Showdown - North Carolina FC
- Mewis, Zerboni, DahlkemperSelected to National Women's Soccer League2017 Best XI - North Carolina FC
- RECAP |Indy Eleven Beat by San Francisco Deltas on Late, Curling Strike - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Travels to Face Defending USL Champions Louisville City FC
- North Carolina Football Club Announces Game Platforms for April and May
- North Carolina FC Makes USL Debut, Falls to Tampa Bay
- Continental Tire Announced as New North Carolina Courage Front of Jersey Sponsor
- North Carolina FC Begins New Chapter with USL Home Opener against Tampa Bay