No More Ties: Whitecaps FC 2 Target Three Points against Rival Timbers 2 on Father's Day
VANCOUVER, BC - Whitecaps FC 2 are back in action on Father's Day as they host Cascadia rival Timbers 2 at Thunderbird Stadium this Sunday. Kickoff is at 2 p.m. Tickets are available here, with dads getting in for free with a purchase of a regular adult ticket.
The 'Caps are back on the upswing after treating the Thunderbird Stadium faithful to an exciting 3-2 win over Swope Park Rangers last weekend. They hope to ride the momentum going into Sunday against a Portland side they have already beaten twice previously this season.
T2 is as dangerous as any team in the tough Western Conference, however, boasting Jamaican first-teamer Neco Brett (four goals, one assist) and Kharlton Belmar (two goals, three assists). The challenge of marking the pair will likely fall on the shoulders of WFC2 stalwart centre backs Cole Seiler, Sem de Wit and Jackson Farmer.
Without captain Kyle Greig, who is suspended for yellow card accumulation, the 'Caps offence will rely on the capable feet of Daniel Haber, Marco Bustos, and Fatawu Safiu.
Haber should figure heavily on the Timbers 2 scouting report, after his two-goal performance at Portland early in the season. Bustos has been playing his best football as of late, tallying two goals and an assist in two matches last week.
Safiu will have his eyes on burning his former side again, having scored in his return to Portland last May 20.
This free kick goal from @FatawuSafui deserves one more look https://t.co/lgSp75dSH4
- Whitecaps FC 2 (@wfc2) May 21, 2016
On the other end, Andre Lewis makes his first appearance back in Vancouver, after spending two years with Whitecaps FC.
DAD'S DAY AT THE 'BIRD
As mentioned above, what's a better way to spend time with dad than to bring him out to the 'Bird for some footy! Tell your special man that he doesn't have to worry about working the grill, as food truck favourites Dog House and Hungry Nomad will be there.
We'll see you and the pops there at Thunderbird Stadium on Sunday!
This year, every Tier 1 'Caps Club MLS membership includes three open tickets to WFC2 matches. Members can select their matches and theme days online through Account Manager. Information on theme days is available at whitecapsfc.com/wfc2/themedays.
For more information, contact [email protected] or call 604-484-7862.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 18, 2016
- FC Montreal Loses 2-1 in Pittsburgh - FC Montreal
- Swope Park Rangers Fall 3-1 to OKC Energy FC - Sporting Kansas City II
- Switchbacks Unbeaten Streak Ends with 2-1 Loss to San Antonio - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Points After 2-1 Win over Colorado Springs - San Antonio FC
- Late Penalty Kick Pushes Charleston Past City Islanders - Penn FC
- Second-Half Finish Extends FCC Unbeaten Streak to Nine - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte Independence Earn All 3 Points Versus Richmond Kickers - Charlotte Independence
- Kerr and Hertzog Power Hounds Past FC Montreal, 2-1 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Kickers Remain Winless on the Road Following Defeat to Independence - Richmond Kickers
- Louisville City FC Topples Rochester, Extends Unbeaten Streak - Louisville City FC
- Rhinos 24 Game Unbeaten Streak Comes To An End - Rochester Rhinos
- OCB Looks to Continue Winning Streak vs. New York Red Bulls II - Orlando City B
- No More Ties: Whitecaps FC 2 Target Three Points against Rival Timbers 2 on Father's Day - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- Preview: City Islanders Return to USL Play in Charleston Tonight - Penn FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.