Nine Is Fine; Halifax Winning Streak Extended with Victory over Moncton
The Halifax Rainmen continued their impressive play Sunday afternoon with a 113-97 victory over the Moncton Miracles. Halifax improves to 19-12 on the season, and extends their winning streak to nine games. With one game remaining for Halifax in the NBL Canada regular season the opportunity to capture the Atlantic Division title is still very much alive.
The first three quarters of play between the Miracles and the Rainmen were a very close and physical affair. The Rainmen came out hot to start the game but Moncton quickly regrouped and slowed the pace down, netting 20 points off turnovers in the first half. The game remained tied through both the first and second quarter, both teams refusing to give the other an inch. Kevin Young got into foul trouble early in the first and spent the remainder of the half on the bench. With the game tied 46 to start the second half the fans inside the Scotiabank Centre were waiting to see which team could capitalize and take control. Unfortunately the third quarter was filled with physical play, and both teams being assessed technicals throughout. While tempers flared Halifax contained their compsure and ended the third up by 12, 80-68. The fourth quarter was all Halifax, leading by as many as 18 at one point, before Kevin Young took over late in the quarter with a series of fan pleasing dunks. While Moncton did their best to stay in the game, the Rainmen offense was too much, allowing Halifax to pick up their ninth straight win.
Liam McMorrow was dominant for your Halifax Rainmen, netting 24 points and grabbing 16 rebounds. Kevin Young put away 23 points in his limited playing time, while Seiya Ando dropped 12. The Moncton Miracles were led by Chris Matthews who had 22 points off the bench. Trayvon Lathan pulled down 14 rebounds, a team high for the Miracles.
With one more game remaining the drama and excitement is building on the Road to the NBL Canada Playoffs!
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 22, 2015
- Edmondson Named Player of the Week - Orangeville A's
- Storm Place Robinson on IR and Activate Birdsong - Island Storm
- Mill Rats Hand Storm Third Straight Loss - Island Storm
- Power Lose Heartbreaker in Windsor - Mississauga Power
- Mill Rats Deny PEI 115-99 - Saint John Riptide
- Nine Is Fine; Halifax Winning Streak Extended with Victory over Moncton - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse