Nine Former Musketeers Starting the Season in the NHL
(Sioux City, IA) - The Sioux City Musketeers were recently named as a Top 3 franchise for producing pro talent by Sports Illustrated. Now as the NHL regular season starts it is clear the ranking was well deserved. When the NHL season starts this week ten (9) former Musketeers, and one Head Coach will be in action.
Former Muskies Head Coach Dave Hakstol will lead the Seattle Kraken in their first season as an NHL franchise as their Head Coach. Hakstol coached the Muskies to three playoff appearances from 1996 to 2000.
Jake Guentzel will begin his sixth season with the Penguins where he has amassed 257 points in 299 games.
In Detroit, Sam Gagner is gearing up for his fifteenth season in the NHL. Gagner has racked up 474 points in 886 NHL games. Joining Gagner in Detroit is defenseman Danny DeKeyser. The former undrafted free agent is now entering his 10th season with the Red Wings where he has posted 135 points in 488 games.
The Winnipeg Jets have made former Muskies Captain Neal Pionk a mainstay on their blue line. Pionk begins his fifth season in the NHL where he has played in 226 games with 117 points.
The Colorado Avalanche called up Sampo Ranta at the end of last season, and it looks like he is going to stay there. The left winger scored 7 points in 14 games with the Colorado Eagles last season, and now he will get to make his mark with the big club this season.
Last season Eeli Tolvanen became a mainstay in Nashville's lineup, and this year he will get the opportunity to play a full NHL season with the Predators. The former 1st Round Pick posted 22 points in 40 games for Nashville last season.
The Vancouver Canucks have received consistent scoring from Brock Boeser over the past four seasons. Boeser has tallied 210 points in 253 NHL games, all coming wearing a Canucks uniform.
Max Pacioretty is one of the most famous Musketeers of all-time. The left winger continues to rack up points as he enters his thirteenth season in the NHL. Pacioretty has played in 811 games and has scored 605 points during his stellar NHL career.
Ryan Carpenter will begin his third season with the Chicago Blackhawks and seventh season overall in the NHL. Carpenter has tallied 57 points in 241 career NHL games.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2021
- Nine Former Musketeers Starting the Season in the NHL - Sioux City Musketeers
- Musketeers Name Captains for 50th Anniversary Season - Sioux City Musketeers
- 151 USHL Ties on NHL Opening Night Rosters - USHL
- Jo Lemay Named Defenseman of the Week - Lincoln Stars
- Storm to Hold 2022 Futures Camp in Las Vegas - Tri-City Storm
- Latkoczy Tabbed as Week 3 USHL Goaltender of the Week - Madison Capitols
- Jackson Hallum, Joaquim Lemay and Simon Latkoczy Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- NHL Season Opens for Former Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Musketeers Stories
- Musketeeers Goalie Alex Tracy Takes Home USHL Weekly Award
- Musketeers Place Six Players on NHL Central Scouting Rankings
- Nine Former Musketeers Starting the Season in the NHL
- Musketeers Name Captains for 50th Anniversary Season
- Musketeers Friday Road Game against Omaha Postponed