Nick Robertson Named to U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster
(Peterborough, ON) - USA Hockey announced today that Petes forward Nick Robertson has been named to the U.S. National Junior Team preliminary roster.
Robertson will be one of 28 players taking part in USA Hockey's selection camp in Plymouth, Michigan on December 16 and 17. The final 23-man roster is anticipated to be announced on Tuesday, December 24. The U.S. opens the World Junior Hockey Championship in Ostrava, Czech Republic on Thursday, December 26 against Canada.
"It's a great feeling to be given this opportunity by USA Hockey," commented Robertson. "It would be an honour to represent my country in such a big tournament, and hopefully make the team and bring back a gold medal."
Robertson has appeared in 20 games for the Petes this season, amassing 21 goals (team leader), 11 assists, and 23 points. He was selected in the 2nd round, 53rd overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
The last Pete to represent the U.S. at the World Junior Championship was Austin Watson in 2012.
Nick and the rest of the Petes are in action on home ice on Thursday, December 12 when they host the Hamilton Bulldogs and on Saturday, December 14 when the Niagara IceDogs visit. Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
Looking for the perfect holiday gift for the hockey fan in your life? Petes Holiday Flex Packs are now on sale! Receive four regular bowl flex vouchers to be used between December 28 and January 30, as well as two Petes mugs and a signed program for just $59.99, a savings of over 50%.
Images from this story
Nick Robertson with the U.S. National Junior Team
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2019
- Knights Strike First in Western Conference Semi-Final Rematch - London Knights
- Byfield Contributes this Weekend on and off the Ice - Sudbury Wolves
- Nick Robertson Named to U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster - Peterborough Petes
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Guelph Storm
- Spirit Alum Mitchell Stephens to Make NHL Debut for Tampa Bay - Saginaw Spirit
- Storm Fans Give the Gift of Reading on Books for Kids Night - Guelph Storm
- Firebirds' Dellandrea Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - Flint Firebirds
- Firebirds' Ty Dellandrea Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- David Maier Named to Austria's World Junior Championship Team - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Return to Play Plans
- Relive the 2006 OHL Championship Final at the Lindsay Drive in on August 13
- Petes Invite Fans to Take Part in NHL20 Fan Tournament
- First Round Import Selection Brian Zanetti Commits to Peterborough Petes
- Petes Launching Goal of the Year Bracket Challenge on Tuesday