New York Red Bulls II Keep Clean Sheet, Advance to USL Cup Semifinals
New York Red Bulls II advanced to the USL Cup Playoffs Semifinals for the third-straight season, eliminating the Charleston Battery from the USL Cup Playoffs in the Eastern Conferenc Quarterfinals with a 1-0 result, Saturday, at MUSC Health Stadium. The win extended their winning streak to four games, with three of those being on the road.
With Saturday's win, NYRB II advance to the USL Cup Playoffs Semifinals for the third-straight season.
New York Red Bulls II tallied the game-winning goal in the 21st minute off the foot of Tom Barlow. Barlow chested down a pass from Amando Moreno finished it in the top right corner, his ninth goal of the season and fourth in his last 45 minutes of play against the Battery dating back to August of 2018.
Evan Louro preserved his fourth clean sheet of the season making four saves.
NYRB II is one of the four teams who have qualified for the USL Cup Playoffs in every season since 2015 (Louisville City FC, Charleston Battery and Sacramento Republic).
NYRB II advance to the USL Eastern Conference Semifinals to face FC Cincinnati on Saturday, October 27 at 4 p.m. ET at Nippert Stadium. The matchup presents the two top-scoring offenses in the USL.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 20, 2018
- New York Red Bulls II Keep Clean Sheet, Advance to USL Cup Semifinals - New York Red Bulls II
- Hounds Fall to Steel FC in Postseason Shootout - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- LouCity Dominates Indy Eleven in 4-1 Win to Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals - Louisville City FC
- Battery Falls to New York Red Bulls II in Conference Quarterfinals - Charleston Battery
- Nashville SC Falls on Penalties in USL Cup Playoffs to Top Seed FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Eastern Conference Semifinal Ticket Information - FC Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Advances Past Nashville on Penalty Kicks - FC Cincinnati
- Real Monarchs SLC Bow out of Playoffs with 1-0 Loss to Reno 1868 FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Phoenix Rising Advances to Western Conference Semis Following 3-0 Win - Phoenix Rising FC
- T2 2018 Campaign Comes to An End in USL Cup Western Conference Quarterfinals - Portland Timbers 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls II Stories
- 10-Man Red Bulls II Win Wild 5-4 Shootout
- NYRB II Sign Harrison, New Jersey's Omar Sowe
- New York Red Bulls II Add Venezuelan Defender Edgardo Rito on Loan
- New York Red Bulls II Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- NYRB II Meet Louisville Again in Third-Straight Conference Final