New Mexico United Signs Sam Hamilton
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - New Mexico United announced today the professional soccer team's latest player signing, under the guidance of Head Coach Troy Lesesne. Midfielder and defender Sam Hamilton joins New Mexico United's roster for its 2019 opening season. Hamilton joins six recently signed New Mexico United players including two New Mexicans, Devon Sandoval and Josh Suggs, as well as Juan Guzman, Cody Mizell, Toni Soler and Austin Yearwood. All player signings are pending United Soccer League (USL) and federation approval.
"I'm incredibly happy to add Sam to our club and expect him to play an important role in our inaugural season. He has the unique ability to be a strong defensive presence, while also possessing the technique and vision to play intelligent passes. He has spent time in both the MLS and USL, and that experience will be important for us in our first season," said Lesesne.
Sam Hamilton, midfielder, was most recently on loan with the United Soccer League's (USL) Colorado Springs Switchbacks in 2018, where he had 18 starts, In 2017, Hamilton was on loan with the Phoenix Rising and was drafted in the first round of the Major League Soccer (MLS) SuperDraft (15th overall) to the Colorado Rapids. Hamilton ended his collegiate soccer career at University of Denver in 2017 as the team captain, with two back-to-back undefeated seasons, 24 starts and a .58 team shutout percentage, ranking him third in the nation.
"The players and staff have the opportunity to make an immediate impact in the community and compete for a championship. So, for those reasons, I couldn't be more excited to sign for New Mexico United," said Hamilton.
More information about Sam Hamilton can be found on the New Mexico United Roster page.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 28, 2018
- All-League Selection Solomon Asante Returns to Phoenix Rising - Phoenix Rising FC
- New Mexico United Signs Sam Hamilton - New Mexico United
- Indy Eleven Announce Initial Roster Moves Ahead of the 2019 USL Season - Indy Eleven
- Soccer Fan Appreciation Party at Mr. G's - Penn FC
- Hounds Sign Defender Ryan James - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Signs Ken Tribbett to Bolster Defense - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Mexico United Stories
- Shorthanded New Mexico United Fall San Antonio FC
- New Mexico United Announces Second Player for High Performance Program
- New Mexico United to Collaborate with Local Artists for New Merchandise Line
- New Mexico Ties LA Galaxy 2
- New Mexico United to Appear on Mars 2020 Rover