New Mexico United Sign Isidro Martinez, Fourth New Signing of 2021 Season
Albuquerque, NM - New Mexico United is excited to announce the signing of Isidro Martinez ahead of the 2021 USL Championship Season. Martinez, who played the last two seasons with Rio Grande Valley Toros FC, comes to New Mexico having played in all 48 matches since his professional debut, and starting 43 of 48. In 2019, the midfielder/forward set the RGVFC record with 8 assists on the season.
"Isidro is an intelligent center midfielder that understands how to set the rhythm for his team, along with having the quality to play the final pass," said New Mexico United Head Coach/Technical Director Troy Lesesne. "He has a fantastic engine and is willing to run for his teammates. I'm looking forward to seeing the impact he makes with our club."
In addition to a successful and impactful two years with RGVFC, Martinez tallied nine goals and 13 assists at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. (2015-2018) He also played for USL League 2's South Georgia Tormenta in 2018, where he appeared in 12 matches. In 2015, Martinez was named the USA Today Gatorade Boys Soccer Player of the Year.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 4, 2021
- New Mexico United Sign Isidro Martinez, Fourth New Signing of 2021 Season - New Mexico United
- Memphis 901 FC Announces Returning Players - Memphis 901 FC
- El Jefe's State of United 2020 - New Mexico United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Mexico United Stories
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Thirteenth Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Ivan Moore
- New Mexico United Announces Addition of First Team Assistant Coach and Academy Head Coach Paul Leese
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Twelfth Academy Signing, Los Alamos Native Aidan Semelsberger
- New Mexico United Academy to Host First-Ever Open Trial Sessions, March 13-14
- New Mexico United Fans Send More Than 10,000 Letters to Lawmakers in 24 Hours to Support Multi-Use Cultural Center/Stadium