New England Acquires Anthony Malcolm
UNCASVILLE, CT. - The New England Black Wolves traded a second round selection in the 2022 NLL Entry Draft to the Vancouver Warriors in exchange for Anthony Malcolm.
Malcolm, a 25-year-old forward, was drafted by the Buffalo Bandits as the 11th overall pick in the 2015 NLL Draft. The Mars Hill University graduate played two years for Buffalo and two seasons for Vancouver. With the Bandits, he appeared in 26 games, scored 29 goals and tallied 40 assists. During his time with the Warriors, he played in 35 games, netted 36 goals, 23 of which were scored in 2018, and recorded 49 assists.
"We are excited to get a player like Anthony in New England," general manager Rich Lisk said. "He fits what we are looking for; big, strong, and athletic and is a proven player in the NLL. He will fit perfectly with what we have in place offensively."
A native of New Westminster, BC, Malcolm will bring physicality and experience to the Black Wolves' offense. The right-handed forward stands at 6'1" and weighs 190 lbs.
Tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and start at $15 per game. The Black Wolves home opener is set for Friday, Dec. 27 vs. the New York Riptide at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting blackwolves.com or calling 844-LAX-WOLF.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from October 21, 2019
- New England Acquires Anthony Malcolm - New England Black Wolves
- Warriors Make a Pair of Trades; Acquire Bilic from Rush - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Trade Bilic for Draft Pick - Saskatchewan Rush
- Bandits Ink Weiss to One-Year Deal - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Glenn Clark Receives Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence AwardÃ¢ÂÂ
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves