New CFL Award Named After Longtime Member of Stampeders Organization
The memory of Jane Mawby, who was a member of the Calgary Stampeders organization for 28 years, is being honoured with the introduction of a new Canadian Football League award. The Jane Mawby Tribute Award will recognize a current longtime team or league employee who demonstrates consistent high performance and resilience while working tirelessly behind the scenes.
"Jane was a beloved member of the Stampeders family who quietly made vital contributions to the Stampeders' success during her years of service to the team," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. "It is very fitting that an award for an individual who performs at a high level of excellence with little or no recognition be named in her honour.
"We're very proud that this award will be presented for the first time right here in Calgary during Grey Cup week in our city."
Jane served in many roles for the Stampeders including Director of Football Administration at the time of her death in 2015 after a battle with cancer. She worked with six head coaches and six general managers during her time with the Red and White and the Stamps won five Grey Cup championships in that period.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 10, 2019
- Simpson Signs Contract; Retires as Stampeder - Calgary Stampeders
- This Week in the CFL Ã¢ÂÂ Week 18 - CFL
- New CFL Award Named After Longtime Member of Stampeders Organization - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Stampeders Stories
- Simpson Signs Contract; Retires as Stampeder
- New CFL Award Named After Longtime Member of Stampeders Organization
- Stamps Look to Wrangle Roughriders
- Three Tailgate Events Make Party Bigger Than Ever at 2019 Grey Cup Festival Presented by Shaw
- Stamps Travel East to Face Alouettes