Native American Scholarship Returns for 2017-18 Season
BUFFALO, N.Y. (January 8, 2018) - The Buffalo Bandits today announced the return of the Native American Scholarship, which will be presented on Native American Night on Saturday, Feb. 10, when the Bandits face the Georgia Swarm.
To apply for the scholarship you must provide a completed application form, found here, a copy of your most recent transcripts, a letter of recommendation from a faculty sponsor or employer and a one-page essay describing why you should be awarded the scholarship and what it would mean to you. The scholarship is only open to students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
A selection committee composed of members from the Buffalo Bandits organization will choose the scholarship winner. The winner will then be notified by Wednesday, Feb. 7 and expected to be available to accept the scholarship on Saturday, Feb. 10 at the Bandits' game against the Georgia Swarm at 7:30 p.m.
Applications must be sent in with all accompanying documentation no later than Thursday, Feb. 1. Applications can be sent by mail addressed to Buffalo Bandits Native American Scholarship Fund at 1 Seymour Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203 Attn: Scott Loffler, or emailed to Scott.Loffler@sabres.com .
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 9, 2018
- Rock Practice Thursday - Toronto Rock
- Native American Scholarship Returns for 2017-18 Season - Buffalo Bandits
- Knighthawks Running Youth Lacrosse Practice Tuesday - Rochester Knighthawks
- STEALTH FOCUSED ON TWO-GAME ROAD TRIP - Vancouver Stealth
- Kaboom Rock Offence Explodes in 24-7 Win over Vancouver - Toronto Rock
- Georgia Swarm Fall 13-9 to Saskatchewan - Georgia Swarm
- GEORGIA SWARM FALL 13-9 TO SASKATCHEWAN - Georgia Swarm
- CALGARY ROUGHNECKS Roughnecks Drop 13-8 Road Decision - Calgary Roughnecks
- Rush Stomp Swarm 13-9 to Stay Unbeaten on the Season - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.