NAHL Extends 2020-21 Season
From the North American Hockey League:
The North American Hockey League (NAHL) has announced that its Board of Governors has voted to extend the 2020-21 season.
The extension was approved for three primary reasons. First, with the NCAA Division I recruiting dead period being extended to April 15th, the extension of the season will give NAHL players more time to be scouted and seen by NCAA coaches and scouts. Second, the extension allows players more time to practice, play, and develop due to schedule interruptions caused by Covid-19. Lastly, an extension gives the fans in NAHL communities a chance to support their teams in what will hopefully be a more accommodating climate and atmosphere.
As a result, the ongoing 2020-21 regular season will now end on Sunday, May 16th. The opening round of the 2021 Robertson Cup Playoffs will take place from May 20-30 with the best of 5 Division Semi-Finals.
"This decision was made in the best interest of our players. We wanted all of our teams to have the maximum amount of opportunity to provide NAHL Hockey to as many players as possible in order to develop, play, and be exposed to NCAA and NHL scouts," said NAHL Commissioner and PresidentÂ Mark Frankenfeld. "This extension allows more time for NCAA coaches to evaluate the players and also allows more time for player development that have been disrupted this season by shutdowns and rescheduling due to schedule interruptions caused by Covid-19."
The three main NAHL events, which include the NAHL Showcase, NAHL Top Prospects Tournament, and Robertson Cup National Championship are being reviewed to make sure that the league is providing the best exposure possible for players. Dates, location, and format is expected to be announced in the near future.
Note from the Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
The Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks are currently adhering to guidelines and regulations set by local health officials. Plans for the remainder of the season will be re-evaluated in January.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 23, 2020
- Reese Farrell Commits to West Point - Maine Nordiques
- NAHL Extends 2020-21 Season - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- NAHL Announces Extension of 2020-21 Season - NAHL
- Black Bears Postpone Series against Maine - Maryland Black Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks Stories
- Danbury Arena Allowing 10 Percent Capacity for Jr. Hat Tricks Games for March
- Coaches Billy McCreary, Vinny Malts Share Brave Message of Mental Health Struggles
- Jr. Hat Tricks Captain Kyle Gudme Commits to University of St. Thomas
- Danbury Hat Tricks Launch Fan Experience Initiative with "SuperFan Calls"
- Jr Hat Tricks Alum Cody Hoban Shines in Sacred Heart Debut