Musicians win big at home
The Murfreesboro Musicians won its third straight home game on Sunday night by defeating the Gainesville Knights 133-94 at the Musicians Arena at Oakland High School in Murfreesboro.
The Musicians were led by Center/Forward, Cedric McGinnis with 35 points and 12 rebounds. Murfreesboro had seven players in double figures to complete a total team performance and domination of Gainesville. Tommy Gunn added 22 points, Dameon Goodman put in 15, and Fats Cuyler, Ray Trowell, Dexter Hall, and Will Thomas rounded out the double figure scorers with 12, 12, 11, and 10 points respectively.
"It was good to get the win at home! Now we've got the transcend our home performances to the road and get on a roll." states McGinnis.
The Musicians fell on the road in Tuscaloosa, AL on Friday night 97-80 to the surprising Druid City Dragons. McGinnis put in 25 points and Tommy Gunn added 22 points in the loss.
Murfreesboro stands 3-3 on the season thus far and will travel to face the Defending WBA Champion, Rome Gladiators (2-2) on Wednesday night once again. The Musicians have split the first two games of a four game opening season series against the Defending Champs. Murfreesboro won the last match-up between these two WBA Powers 116-97 just a week ago. Murfreesboro and Rome will square off one final time on Friday night back here at the Musicians Arena to close out the early season series. The Musicians will also host the Arkansas ArchAngels on Saturday night at home. All Musicians Home Games tip-off at 7pm.
* The Musicians were ranked as the #6 Team in Spring/Summer League Pro Basketball in last week's Pro Basketball News (www.probasketballnews.com). The Pro Basketball News Ranking comes out weekly every Tuesday.
* Also in Pro Basketball News in the recent ranking of the Best Minor League Professional Basketball Players, Cedric McGinnis was ranked as the #4 best Pro Player and Tommy Gunn was ranked #5 on the Pro Basketball News Minor League List.
* The Musicians added former MTSU Player, WILL PIPPEN (6'9-225-Forward) to its Active Roster on Sunday. Pippen played sparingly in the home victory over Gainesville and scored 2 points, but displayed some outstanding moves around the basket. Pippen has just returned from playing in Japan where he averaged 28.0 ppg in the top Pro Basketball Division in the Japan Pro Basketball League.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from May 8, 2006
- Gladiators win first road game - Rome Rage
- Shelton Ward added to the Heat - Anderson Heat
- Musicians win big at home - Murfreesboro Musicians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Murfreesboro Musicians Stories
- Musicians Win Again
- Gunn leads Musicians to shootout win over Druid City
- Musicians keep the beat over Majic
- Trowell's last-second three lifts Musicians
- Revamped Musicians ready to make a run