Musicians Win Again
The Murfreesboro Musicians have now won six of their last seven games and four games in a row. Murfreesboro defeated the Anderson Heat 131-89 on Friday night at Musicians Arena in Murfreesboro to up their record to 10-6. Murfreesboro now finds themselves a half game out of first place in the WBA's Western Division and is now in a true battle with the Mississippi Hardhats for the Divisional Championship heading into the upcoming WBA Championship Tournament at the end of June and into early July.
Murfreesboro played everyone on its roster on Friday night in this victory over Anderson (1-16). Ritchie Stevens led the Musicians in scoring with 20 points. Eight Musicians players scored double figures in the win with Cedric McGinnis having 18, Will Caudle 16, Chris Ferguson 14, Will Pippen 12, Ray Trowell 11, Dexter Hall 11, and Tommy Gunn 10. Dexter Hall also pulled down 17 rebounds in the game.
The Musicians will travel to Marietta, GA this Sunday, June 18 to take on the Marietta Storm, who is led by Daryl "Little Magic" Dorsey, who was the MVP of the WBA last season in leading the Rome Gladiators to the WBA Championship. Dorsey was just featured last month on the cover of ESPN the Magazine. Murfreesboro will return back home next Friday night, June 23 as they take on the Druid City Dragons in their last home game of the season.
* The Murfreesboro Musicians are the #6 ranked team in the Pro Basketball News Basketball Poll of the top teams in Minor League Professional Basketball for the Spring/Summer.
* Tommy Gunn, Cedric McGinnis, William Pippen, and Will Caudle are four of the players ranked in the Top 20 Players playing Minor League Professional Basketball in the Spring and Summer Professional Basketball ranks.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from June 17, 2006
- Musicians Win Again - Murfreesboro Musicians
- Gladiators Continue Winning Ways in Arkansas - Rome Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Murfreesboro Musicians Stories
- Musicians Win Again
- Gunn leads Musicians to shootout win over Druid City
- Musicians keep the beat over Majic
- Trowell's last-second three lifts Musicians
- Revamped Musicians ready to make a run