Mudbugs Fall to the Brahmas
The Shreveport Mudbugs (1-2) couldn't get much going offensively for the most of the game and fell to the Lone Star Brahmas,1-0 Friday night at Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
The Mudbugs and Brahmas traded some quality scoring chances in a scoreless first period. Lone Star had a PP goal taken away because of a high stick as well. Shreveport led in SOG, 10-6 after one period of play.
The game stayed scoreless until Andrew DeCarlo came on and got ahead of the Bugs blue line to go on the backhand to score on the breakaway at 18:21.of the 2nd period. Lone Star was able to put a lot of pressure on Shreveport goalie Leo Chuard and the Bugs were fortunate to be down just 1-0. The Brahmas out-shot the Mudbugs, 14-8 in the middle period and led in SOG overall, 20-18.
The Brahmas shut down the Mudbugs most of the 3rd period and was able to stage off a late desperation rally attempt to preserve a 1-0 win.
Leo Chuard made 29 saves in a tough luck loss. Seth Eisele earns his first shutout in the series making 28 saves on the night.
The Mudbugs and Brahmas will continue their series tomorrow night with game 4. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11 p.m. from George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. ?
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Bulls Beat IceRays to Force Winner-Take-All Game 5 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Fall to the Brahmas - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Zapata's Two Goals Help Bruins Double up Aberdeen, 4-2, Force Game 4 - Austin Bruins
- Wilderness' Myers Commits to Bemidji State - Minnesota Wilderness
- Business Trip - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Edge Rays In OT To Get Back In Series - Amarillo Bulls
- Bulls Win Game 3 in Overtime; Game 4 Set for Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.